The Venting Thread

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Because everybody has their own workload and prioritizes accordingly. The last thing you need is someone overstepping boundaries all the time because they want this done now. Because they are on a powertrip. Working in a team doesn't work like that.
Yup. Pretty much. She's not even the one asking for this work to be done. I am pretty sure she believes that no one in the group is capable of doing things to her standard.

I sent a short but polite email basically saying thanks but really no thanks about your 'suggestions'. I did not hear back.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I went to an agility trial a few weekends ago and was gone from around 6 am to 5 pm. I left my front door WIDE open. All day. :eek: I had the storm door (glass) closed but you could see right in and it was totally unlocked.

I've also left my keys in my doorknob before all night long.

That's always a great realization when you wake up.

Fran27

Went to donate blood this morning. Turns out I can't give blood ever in the US because I lived in France in the 1980s when there was that mad cow disease epidemic. So ridiculous. And I'm seriously bummed about it.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Got my marks from an assignment I submitted a week ago.
I found that I lost marks because I double spaced the paragraphs instead of indenting the first sentence.
I would have indented them had the example provided shown any sort of indentation. But it didn't.
I FOLLOWED THE FORMAT PROVIDED :wall:

I inquired about it and was told "the example was provided as an example....I feel indentation is important" Because THAT answered my question o_O

Only one more year....ugh

Sekah

The Monster.
Got my marks from an assignment I submitted a week ago.
I found that I lost marks because I double spaced the paragraphs instead of indenting the first sentence.
I would have indented them had the example provided shown any sort of indentation. But it didn't.
I FOLLOWED THE FORMAT PROVIDED :wall:

I inquired about it and was told "the example was provided as an example....I feel indentation is important" Because THAT answered my question o_O

Only one more year....ugh
Arguably, the indentation should be used in formal writing. The double spacing arose out of the restrictions of formatting text on the internet.

God help those hapless fools who try to indent AND double space. What a mess.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Arguably, the indentation should be used in formal writing. The double spacing arose out of the restrictions of formatting text on the internet.

God help those hapless fools who try to indent AND double space. What a mess.
Oh I know that the indentation should have been used, that's how I originally had it typed out.

At last minute I reviewed the example again and noticed the lack of indentation, so I foolishly assumed that I should follow the formatting provided opposed to what I thought was right.

I just don't understand why one would provide an example - with a note explaining that "this is how yours should look" if it didn't have the formatting they were looking for.

Oh I know that the indentation should have been used, that's how I originally had it typed out.

At last minute I reviewed the example again and noticed the lack of indentation, so I foolishly assumed that I should follow the formatting provided opposed to what I thought was right.

I just don't understand why one would provide an example - with a note explaining that "this is how yours should look" if it didn't have the formatting they were looking for.
And yet if you were a new employee at our work - we'd refer you to our style guide which is no indent, hard return between paragraphs.

So for me - I would have also followed the example as the teacher's preferred style as well. :(

Locke

I'm really mad at myself.

There was a guy with Tourette's on the streetcar, I've seen him a number of times before, but today he was having a particularly bad day. He was making a lot of noise and spitting everywhere, but he was keeping to himself.

After a very loud and angry outburst, the driver asked him to get off, saying "if you can't keep it down, you have to get off. You're making people uncomfortable and scaring them. Please get off the streetcar."

He got off, but was obviously distraught. I was going to tell the driver that the guy has every right to ride the streetcar and if people are uncomfortable, they can move away or take the car that's right behind us, but I chickened out....

I really wish I had said something...ugh. I'm such a coward.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Me too!

I grew up in middle-of-nowhere country setting. Never locked the doors never had a problem.
Where I live now, the doors are always locked even when I'm home in broad daylight.
Ha me 3, at the ranch house we don't even have locks on our doors, sleep with the windows open (albeit with screens). I would be a lot more worried about bugs and critters than people lol. I have dogs, they will let me know if they hear a person, but unfortunately they don't care about bugs as much as I do lol.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I'm really mad at myself.

There was a guy with Tourette's on the streetcar, I've seen him a number of times before, but today he was having a particularly bad day. He was making a lot of noise and spitting everywhere, but he was keeping to himself.

After a very loud and angry outburst, the driver asked him to get off, saying "if you can't keep it down, you have to get off. You're making people uncomfortable and scaring them. Please get off the streetcar."

He got off, but was obviously distraught. I was going to tell the driver that the guy has every right to ride the streetcar and if people are uncomfortable, they can move away or take the car that's right behind us, but I chickened out....

I really wish I had said something...ugh. I'm such a coward.
I can kind of see both sides, I mean the driver isn't trained to recognize mental illness and has the welfare of his passengers to think about. I know it sucks, but I can understand why he did it.

I do sleep with my windows open, I figure people can break a simple piece of glass or cut a square out just as easily as popping a screen ;)

Funny enough, one night I woke up and noticed the front door was open, screen door was shut but big door open. That freaked my **** out...I woke DH up and he remembered forgetting to close it but yeah, shudder...even though the window right next to it was open lol

Out by a lake or ocean, oh yeah, if its cool enough I want all windows open to hear the sounds and smell the smells :)

Members online

No members online now.