SO "rituals of annoyance"

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I was burying a downspout discharge pipe and connecting the end to a foundation drain that runs to the end of my property. I rarely tell the story ;)

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I agree.. I see so many people complain about their SO's... Not little harmless things like here, but hurtful and disrespectful posts, status updates, etc.

I have flaws and I am sure I drive my husband up the wall sometimes... And so does he. We've had to overcome some really tough times, I am not going to lie. And you have to learn to communicate with your SO, you have to learn what drives them mad and what calms them down, makes them feel loved and wanted (or respected). Reading the love languages made that really clear. And, as always, treat your spouse the way you want to be treated and don't say or post something you don't mean, because you can say you're sorry but once it has been said or read it's out there and you can't take it back. Apologize for it, yes, take it back and make it undone, no.

So... What I have said here is something I would (an have) teasingly tell him to his face. I guess that's the key for me.

I agree.. I see so many people complain about their SO's... Not little harmless things like here, but hurtful and disrespectful posts, status updates, etc.
This drives me absolutely nuts. I see it so often, and its stuff you likely wouldnt say about your enemy yet you are saying it about your partner?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney

I have flaws and I am sure I drive my husband up the wall sometimes... And so does he. We've had to overcome some really tough times, I am not going to lie. And you have to learn to communicate with your SO, you have to learn what drives them mad and what calms them down, makes them feel loved and wanted (or respected). Reading the love languages made that really clear. And, as always, treat your spouse the way you want to be treated and don't say or post something you don't mean, because you can say you're sorry but once it has been said or read it's out there and you can't take it back. Apologize for it, yes, take it back and make it undone, no.

So... What I have said here is something I would (an have) teasingly tell him to his face. I guess that's the key for me.
This drives me absolutely nuts. I see it so often, and its stuff you likely wouldnt say about your enemy yet you are saying it about your partner?
Both of these posts.

Seriously my pet peeve lol

That is your partner not your personal dumping ground. Everyone has trouble but like you guys said... You wouldn't say that to their face or worse to your enemy WHY say it about your spouse. An you expect their love and respect?

Ahhhhhh lol

noludoru

Bored Now.
I almost feel bad posting in this thread because. . . I'm leaving him and moving away. So WTF does it matter?

But his COMPLETE AND TOTAL INABILITY TO RINSE A DISH AND PUT IT IN THE DISHWASHER MAKES ME ANGRY.

This is going to sound awful, but he is constantly trying to touch me. He rubs my back, massages my shoulders, rubs his thumb over the back of my hand.

I HATE IT.
I just want to say I don't think that's bad at all. Nothing wrong with certain kinds of touching bothering you.

I don't have a SO. *cackles with glee!* But none of the people I live with bug me whatsoever.

This is one of my favorite songs, I bet some chazzers can empathize with it. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_YvaM9EkH0
I LOVE THIS.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Okay, Fran, I have one.
He likes to "ding-dong" my nipples, like you do with a doorbell. He loudly yells "DING DONG!" and scurries just out of reach with a **** eating grin on his face. Asshole.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I hate HATE HATE my breasts touched & of course OH loves to touch them :p, but I hate it!!! I always have, even the feeling of clothes too clingy around them makes me uncomfortable.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Oh God, where do I start? :rofl1:
Mine is messy ... like he will mess up his clothes ... i used to fix them as a nice gesture to him but when i would come & see them messed back up (Like when he is looking for a particular shirt or whatever) they are all in disaray, so i stopped fixing them til laundry day & only if i cant put the clean clothes on top of them without fixing them ... if i can then i will, if he can appreciate my gestures then why shouldd i bother?

one day he asked me abour this & the above post is exactly what i told him

GipsyQueen

Mine is messy ... like he will mess up his clothes ... i used to fix them as a nice gesture to him but when i would come & see them messed back up (Like when he is looking for a particular shirt or whatever) they are all in disaray, so i stopped fixing them til laundry day & only if i cant put the clean clothes on top of them without fixing them ... if i can then i will, if he can appreciate my gestures then why shouldd i bother?

one day he asked me abour this & the above post is exactly what i told him
Oh god YES. I've stopped folding his T-Shirts. He has his own dresser, so I don't see. He tries on like 5 tshirts in the morning and then puts them back without folding. So it's not really worth the effort.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
His annoyances are nothing horrid actually, he will tap something to make noise or say something to get a rise out of me , I get annoyed and he gets that **** eating grin and laughs at me being annoyed. The glee in his eyes cracks me up everytime. Lol so while being annoying it makes my heart patter , even after all these years.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Mine gets all bent out of shape over little things like the tack/feed room doors being closed all the time because our boss, who is really OCD gets all "pouty" & irritated when they are not & it in turn irritates HIM. Which in turn irritates me because I don't give a crap, I only get paid $250 a week when a full grooms salary is 400 or better so forgive me if I am not working "all the time".

Uhh we own a business together, and work together...all day, everyday...if I let him get to me anymore we would be divorced, so I just go into my office and shut the door. There are things he does, like bitching about the office being tidy...we have 10 people sharing a 500sqft office space, encompassing two businesses...**** gets messy in a hurry, I just tell him to clean it up and to shut up, lol.

Members online

No members online now.