Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Other (what?)

Votes: 18 32.7%

• Total voters

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I have never heard of putting vinegar on fries....

I usually just use whatever is available- ketchup, BBQ, honey, ranch, gravy, cheese- those are about the usual. Never use mayo on fries or mustard.

My last batch of fries I ate with gravy mixed with ketchup. lol
LOL yah, I had to be warned about that before going south :p I asked for vinegar at one place when I got fries... and got the weirdest looks and was told they have none. I was sad.

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
Whats up with all this nasty vinegar stuff?! LOL! I Hate the smell and taste of vinegar! I have had vinegar/salt chips before and couldnt stand them. I sometimes like nacho cheese on my fries. Honey mustard is the Bomb though!! I only get it at resturants though, not fast food fries. Plain works well for me with those. I do heart me some frosty dipped fries though!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I have never heard of putting vinegar on fries....
Oh good, it's not just me! Ketchup, honey mustard, and ranch are really the only things I ever see people dip their fries in. I can't get my mind around the vinegar concept.

Saeleofu

Whats up with all this nasty vinegar stuff?!
Malt vinegar has a completely different flavor than white vinegar. It does smell worse, though.

The only place I can get vinegar at a restaurant around here is Long John Silvers, or use it at home (and then the only place I can buy my own bottle is Dillon's Marketplace or World Market).

Locke

I've never heard of or seen people eat mustard on their fries. Must be a States thing?

Dekka

Just try me..
For those who don't put vinegar on fries (or haven't heard of it) do you have salt and vinegar potato chips? I have always thought vinegar was as traditional (or more so) than ketchup. Every fry truck around has vinegar as a condiment.

Saeleofu

For those who don't put vinegar on fries (or haven't heard of it) do you have salt and vinegar potato chips? I have always thought vinegar was as traditional (or more so) than ketchup. Every fry truck around has vinegar as a condiment.
Fry trucks? We don't have those around here :(

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I don't like anything on my fries. Some salt is fine, but I always opt for sweet potato if it's available, and I don't like anything beyond a bit of salt on those, either.

I just have to say mayo seems such a strange thing to put on fries. Everything else seems 'normal' lol.
(Pardon me while I quote you twice...) I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was thinking that. Yuck.

We have salt and vinegar chips here. It's one of the more 'normal' flavors that you can find almost anywhere chips are sold. I'd say you can also probably find malt vinegar at most places that sell french fries.

BostonBanker

Mayo is, without a doubt, the most disgusting substance known to man. And I've been cleaning up liquid dog poop for the last week.

My favorite local place for fries (and pizza burgers) has spray bottles of vinegar on every table. Perfect for letting you mist or soak, however you desire. I lean towards soaking unless I'm eating in the car, in which case my preferred amount of vinegar causes it to soak through the cup.

We clean the lab with vinegar because it is about the only thing we can use that doesn't react with stuff. Every time we are cleaning, someone wanders around muttering about wanting fries.

thehoundgirl

Eww to Ketchup, Mayo, and Vinegar.. lol. I hate all of those. I only like ketchup on hot dogs and mix tuna with mayo but do not like it at all and vinegar is just gross haha. Except for salt and vinegar chips. ;)

I have dipped fries in frostys but that was a long time ago, it's still good but I don't do it any more. I dip my fries in honey mustard or ranch. Sweet potato fries are best to me dipped in ranch. :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
LOL yah, I had to be warned about that before going south :p I asked for vinegar at one place when I got fries... and got the weirdest looks and was told they have none. I was sad.
I figured it must be a northern thing because I honestly have never heard of it. Doesn't sound very good to me.

We do have salt and vinegar chips. I don't like them, they make my mouth hurt after just a few.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I see salt & vinegar chips at the store but have always thought it seemed like an odd flavor lol.

I don't know... I think I'll just stick with my ketchup.. :p

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Vinegar only when my chips are served with fish! After all that's what the song says!

Fish and chips and vinegar, vinegar, vinegar.
Fish and chips and Vinegar!
Pepper Pepper Pepper Salt!

Otherwise plain, if they're burnt though i'll use some ketchup. Oh and can't go wrong with poutine. Though there's a GREAT chipotle ranch sauce that goes with the cajun curly fries at lounge burger that's to die for.

Dekka

Just try me..
I don't think its just a northern thing.. well not just north america.. I hear that the UK and other places have vinegar for putting on chips for those who are so inclined.

Members online

No members online now.