Please tell me someone wants a puppy

It is a very cute puppy!

Last night my dogs were barking at something on the street, and I figured it was just one of the village dogs wandering around. I see a small beige figure weaving around our parking area, but since it wasn't a burglar I wasn't too concerned.

This morning I find out what it really was. A small and beige mega cute puppy. He has this huge head, and HUGE ears, and a skinny, completely emaciated body. :(

Anyway, he was wandering up and down the street looking for garbage and I couldn't ignore him so I went out and talked to him for a while, pulled off one or two or twenty ticks, and tried to figure out what to do. I gave him a bowl of water, which he licked dry, and a little bowl of food mixed with water, which he also licked clean. Now he's laying out in front of our garage. I'm not going to bring him into the yard because I'm paranoid about diseases and parasites, and I scrub my hands whenever I come back inside.

So... anyone looking for a puppy? :D I would have pictures, but someone borrowed my camera, then lost it somewhere in Siberia. I'm not kidding. I'll try to resurrect my mom's old camera in the meantime.

AliciaD

On second thought...
Oh, poor puppy! Hope to see pics, but I don't know anyone who is looking for a puppy at the moment, :(

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Bah, don't tempt me. I can't have a puppy right now, even if I wanted to. :( Hope the little guy finds a home!

I got 3 pictures with my mom's old camera before the battery died. They're all of him eating, since that's the only way to get a picture of him from afar. Poor little guy believes his new home is under a truck. I'm going to go talk to some people tomorrow and see if I can get him set up at a rescue or something. I know if my parents come back and find a puppy living outside of our gate they will FLIP. If they were here they'd do the same thing, but it's just the fact that I made the decision to pay attention to him without their input that will tip them over the edge.

Taqroy

Ohmygod he's adorable. Poor little boy, living under truck is no kind of life for those bat ears. I so wish I could take him but I can't. :( Isn't RD in rescue in Mexico? Maybe she can help if you send her a PM.

I am such a sucker. There's road work going on, and the detour goes right in front of our place. With all the traffic I worried about the puppy and brought him in, gave him a bath, and set him up in "quarantine," otherwise known as a fenced off back garden. And I bought some puppy food. SUCH a sucker.

I took a few more pics, now that he's all cleaned up and it's not dark. I had to take them from behind a glass door.

AliciaD

On second thought...
Hey, you are in Mexico right? Would you consider/help with transport if there was someone up here who would want to adopt him? I will put feelers out on facebook, but I want to know in case someone says they are interested. Is there quarantine for animals crossing from Mexico to the US?

Hey, you are in Mexico right? Would you consider/help with transport if there was someone up here who would want to adopt him? I will put feelers out on facebook, but I want to know in case someone says they are interested. Is there quarantine for animals crossing from Mexico to the US?

Yep, southern Baja. I would have to check with my parents about transport and get back to you. I know there is a rescue in the city nearby that ships dogs north all the time. If I came to them with a dog and a potential adopter then I'm sure they wold help arrange something as well. There isn't a quarantine requirement, but the dog needs a health certificate from a veterinarian. Those are easy enough to get, though. I will ask around some more, and get back to you. Thank you for the offer!

AliciaD

On second thought...
Yep, southern Baja. I would have to check with my parents about transport and get back to you. I know there is a rescue in the city nearby that ships dogs north all the time. If I came to them with a dog and a potential adopter then I'm sure they wold help arrange something as well. There isn't a quarantine requirement, but the dog needs a health certificate from a veterinarian. Those are easy enough to get, though. I will ask around some more, and get back to you. Thank you for the offer!
No problem. My family isn't in the position to take him in, but I hope FB would let some distant relatives see him.

Members online

No members online now.