Dry Flaky nose

lippylulu

10 month old Pointer mix Larry (shelter and puppy mill rescue) has a nose problem. He was treated for an upper respitory infection with three antibiotics but still produces dry thick dry stuff in his nose which needs to be removed. It cracks off and is painful to him. Sometimes it seems like its his nose coming off! He does not seem sick in any other way. The vet said if its not part of the URI then it could be "dry nose" or a type of lupus that just effects nose, eyes, and mouth.

Last ngiht after half torturing the dog picking pieces of who knows what off his poor schnozz, my daughter and I applied antibiotic ointment. He seemed to LOVE his nose being gently massaged rather than picked and he didn't go nuts licking it off. I ordered some sort of natural nose balm for dogs last night but am wondering two things...1--Does anyone know if Corona Ointment (usually used on horse scrapes, cuts, etc) is safe for a dog's nose where it might be licked? 2--Any other gueses as to what is going on or how we can help poor Larry and his sore nose?

Members online

No members online now.