My Rescue Kitties

Nancy Lou

I am NOT a cat person by any means. Nor was it fun to get my 30lb crankster to accept these two.

This is Shiva. She was named for the Hindu god of chaos and destruction...and boy did she ever live up to it. I was at a flea market when I heard a woman saying that her "stupid cat got pregnant again" and that she was going to have the kittens put down if she couldn't get rid of them that day. I knew I could onl help one, that was wht time and money allowed. So I called my hubby. After he said no, I brought her straight home and started getting her set up. We got kicked out of my first apartment for this because we were only supposed to have 1 pet (Sparkey) and I now had 3 (Sparkey, Spotty and Shiva). Which was fine with me because I was looking for a new place to live anyway. We just moved 2 weeks sooner than we thought. Very irresponsable, but I was young and thought I could get away with anything. I am still young and emotion driven, my hubby has just learned to say no more firmly...and mean it. Anyway, almost 2 years later I finally found the right home for her. i usually don't go activly looking for homes. I take what I can handle and trust the right nome will come when it is time. This has worked without fail. I always follow my instincts on this.

Oohing and ahhing yet? Yeah, everyone did. This is Gin. We live in a college town and kids abandon their cats when they go home. One had kittens and abandoned this one. I found her shivering, wet, cold and mewing. So, not knowing a darn thing about how to raise a kitten too young to be from it's mother, off to petstores I went. i was up every few hours for nights. and let me tell you, this is the only animal I have activly looked for a home for. I love my sleep and having this thing mew consistantly every time i was out of sight, Shive determined to kill it, and sparkey not being too pleased himself...as cute as she was, she needed to go. I met with a girl I knew from PetSmart that knew a great deal about kittens and cats. she sad she couldn't keep her, but she could foster her until she was old enough to go. I didn' know the first thing about caring for a kitten. I knew about enough to keep her wrm nd get her some formula and abottle. So i thought this was for the best. Plus, she put me over what i could handle.

Members online

No members online now.