The Venting Thread

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Sael, are there really that many idiots in more populated areas? I've been so spoiled with everyone in the small towns I frequent knowing exactly who I am, my dog's (or dogs' when I had -IT guys) names, their ages, Em's allergies... :|

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I was at Walmart for about 30 minutes, maybe less, to get spray paint, masking tape, and a box so I can finish my nephew's costume. The idiots were out in full force :wall:
Good gravy. That would drive me BATTY. Beyond a very bad look from a gas station manager, when I had Sadie we didn't much flack from anyone, and she was only in training.

Saeleofu

Sael, are there really that many idiots in more populated areas? I've been so spoiled with everyone in the small towns I frequent knowing exactly who I am, my dog's (or dogs' when I had -IT guys) names, their ages, Em's allergies... :|
If it helps, Romy lives is WA and she said they have less stupid people there ;)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I am SO F-ING COLD. My hands are freezing, and I'm about a degree away from shivering. But I refuse to turn my heat on. Refuse. It is only October, dang it! I should not be this cold! (And it is only 68* in my apartment...I'm a wuss. But BRRRRRRRR.)
Yeah WTH with all the cold weather this early? We also refuse to turn the heat on (this is Texas and its October!! It's not supposed to be this cold yet!) I have had to dig out my heavy blanket and winter PJ's that I normally don't have to reach for til November :(

@Sael I am sorry you have deal with so many assholes, if the "fakers" knew just how much of a gauntlet REAL SD's and their handlers have to go through while out in public every day then they might re think "wanting" a SD.

I don't see many service dogs where I am but the ones I do see I try to be respectful of, like, I give them their space and don't talk to their dog.

Last edited:

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I have no motivation to do anything today. But I have to. The thought of getting out of my pajamas is torturous. It is almost noon. Urrrggghhh.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
ohh Shut up.:p Its freaking cold to me. LOL I still see people wearing shorts and not shirt and here I am contemplating pulling out the winter coat, gloves and hat. YES I admit it. I am a whimp when it comes to cold. I don't retain heat very well at all.
and FYI, 50F IS TOO cold!!!!!
Lol. If it makes you feel better I really do hate the cold. However since we normally have a blizzard and at least a foot of snow for Halloween I am trying to appreciate the weather.

I just. . I. . . wait, WHAT? Can you get creepier? Like, seriously, try. I challenge you to a contest of who can make the creepiest posts with the most spelling and grammar errors.
Well, I don't think she was any more crude than anything else being said here. I didn't find it creepier than your comment. I didn't find anything wrong with what you said but neither did I find anything wrong with what she said. I do find it creepy how much people find time to target and pick apart everything she says though.

Honestly, what I see happening reminds me of when you're in school and there is a group kidding around, making jokes and someone they don't like says almost the exact thing and everyone just goes silent and judgey.

I get you don't like her, I get that she rubes people wrong (I've been there, argued with her and been super frustrated) and I think she can be pretty awful to people sometimes too, but you know, I find the way she's treated and the snide, catty, malicious comments made to her when she isn't being mean just...well, wrong. I keep waiting for the pitch forks and torches.

I'm sorry I'm only quoting you in this Nolu, believe me there are many more examples from many others, this just happens to be the one that ended up making me break my silence.

Well, I don't think she was any more crude than anything else being said here. I didn't find it creepier than your comment. I didn't find anything wrong with what you said but neither did I find anything wrong with what she said. I do find it creepy how much people find time to target and pick apart everything she says though.

Honestly, what I see happening reminds me of when you're in school and there is a group kidding around, making jokes and someone they don't like says almost the exact thing and everyone just goes silent and judgey.

I get you don't like her, I get that she rubes people wrong (I've been there, argued with her and been super frustrated) and I think she can be pretty awful to people sometimes too, but you know, I find the way she's treated and the snide, catty, malicious comments made to her when she isn't being mean just...well, wrong. I keep waiting for the pitch forks and torches.

I'm sorry I'm only quoting you in this Nolu, believe me there are many more examples from many others, this just happens to be the one that ended up making me break my silence.
Thank you!!!

I have been in plenty of fairly heated discussions with her but yeah, not EVERYTHING needs to be picked apart or judged. What she said was totally relevant to the other posts.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney

Thank you. It has been bugging me for a while but I didn't know what to say ot how to put it into the right words but you summed it up perfectly! It really reminds me of those Lifetime movies about bullies who gang up on one person they have decided to target and they are relentless.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I am watching the remake of "nightmare" (which is like totally my fave horror franchise ever) and now I get why people say you should never touch the classics.

Robert Englund IS Freddy Kruger, no one else is worthy ... This guy, he's ... Okay, but it's just not the same. JMO.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.

^This! Thank you, I totally agree! There are some people on here that really need to build a bridge and get over it when it comes to DD. Seriously.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I too do not really understand the "open season" mentality regarding DD... I too have disagreed with her and gone as far as to suggest that she change her tone and attitude, but it so often descends into straight-up bullying that it disturbs me.

FWIW, which may not be much. I don't get it either and it bothers me.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie

*claps*! I'm so glad you said this Linds. This has been bothering me too.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I hate dealing with AT&T. They suck. I keep saying I'll stick with them till I move but gahhhhhhh. It's hard.

Also, I've been dealing with a sinus infection for about 3 weeks now. It wasn't THAT bad until Monday when I started feeling completely dizzy if I stood up and almost passed out and I had HORRIBLE pressure headaches all week.

So... went to the doctor and he said it might be a bacterial sinus infection since it wouldn't go away. So he gave me a script for antibiotics and gave me a short warning that since I have a penicillin allergy there was a slight chance I'd react to this one. Oh ok.... no big deal. And then the pharmacist gave me this whole big deal about how I need to be careful and maybe have an epi-pen near and DEFINITELY benadryl and all this stuff.... Totally didn't make me feel very secure.

Anyways no reaction but so far still no help. I want to breathe through my nose again.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
So... Our neighbors who have dogs that they don't contain and yet keep getting more and then bred one and now have the puppies...

Wrll they got a rabbit that they leave to run free in their backyard. Yeah. Keeos getting under our porch. Our dogs are flipping about this thing.

Tonight it got under our
Porch and Brian went out to drag the dogs in and ended up talking with her about the rabbit and i came out and said that i feat it will get into our yard and she says... No joke... "Well he's friendly so it's ok" uh yeah I am sure he is sinve he's a rabbit but my dogs are NOT rabbit friendly in anyway and I don't want to have to pry someones pet from their jaws because they WILL kill it. They are 70lb hound dogs... They don't care if your rabbit is friendly.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Dang it. I didn't have anymore canned food for Cynder and I got off of work to late to go pick some up. So, I tried to moisten the hard food and feed her that...and now she is drooling and miserable. *sigh* Should have just fasted her, but she's already lost so much weight I didn't want her to go without food. Dang it.

So... Our neighbors who have dogs that they don't contain and yet keep getting more and then bred one and now have the puppies...

Wrll they got a rabbit that they leave to run free in their backyard. Yeah. Keeos getting under our porch. Our dogs are flipping about this thing.

Tonight it got under our
Porch and Brian went out to drag the dogs in and ended up talking with her about the rabbit and i came out and said that i feat it will get into our yard and she says... No joke... "Well he's friendly so it's ok" uh yeah I am sure he is sinve he's a rabbit but my dogs are NOT rabbit friendly in anyway and I don't want to have to pry someones pet from their jaws because they WILL kill it. They are 70lb hound dogs... They don't care if your rabbit is friendly.
Yea because whether the rabbit is friendly or not is what you were really worried about, lol.

Members online