baldness??

hey guys. chase is a year old min pin. rly healthy shiny coat. but has rly dry skin. which is being helped with cod oil and oatmeal shampoo but. he has these lil spots on his back where his shoulder blades touch where he has several small patches where there is no hair. i went to the vet and he said it was like doggy acne and it would go away eventually. but if ne thing its getting worse. my thoughts where mayb that the flea medicine was too strong or soemthin. ok well thnx

maybe its his food? i know sometimes that can cause skin problems. you could try a medicated shampoo, its more sensitive to their skin, and then try some remoisturizer. if that doesnt work, i dont know, my puppy started losing hair and was really itchy all the time and it ended up that he had mange. not the contageous kind, he had got it from nursing of his mom. your pup could still have that at a year im guessing? maybe just try those things and see if it helps...good luck!

Ash47

Taco Dog
It sounds like maybe an allergy of some kind, possibly flea or medication allergy. It may be possible that it is Demodex. More than likely not, but still something to check on.

Brattina88

Both are a skin disease/infestation caused by a microscopic mite. What kind of flea medication did you use? It could be a number of things; if you're doubting your vet I'd suggest getting a second opinion to rule out anything serious, and to, hopefully, figure out what is going on.

Chihiro had an awful reaction to Frontline, I'd say that within hours of putting it on her she was covered with bumps. She lost most of her hair on her shoulder blades and it took about a 3 weeks of benadryl before the bumps went away and the hair grew back. I guess I should be fair and say that I don't know for sure it was Frontline but I'm pretty sure it was. Haven't used it again and have had no more skin problems....

showpug

Min Pin? I would defiantly request that your vet do a Thyroid test. It's so common in the breed and causes dry skin and hair loss.

Members online

No members online now.