Puppy travelling

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
Hey everyone
I'm getting my collie puppy soon and am very excited, only problem is i'm getting him shipped to me from vicotria. I think the flight is about three hours.
My trainer friend who i work with has told me it shouldn't be a problem, but i am worried about opening the crate and finding a terrified pup!
Has anyone else had their pup shipped from somewhere?

bubbatd

I shipped a pup that was a about 3 hr. flight once......I stayed until I saw the cage go in and the flight take off. Worried the whole time !!! New owner greeted a happy pup who hadn't even soiled his carrier ! I did have paper in the cage, but put a towel on top that had familiar smells. I hadn't feed him before the trip and he did have water available . Let us know !!!

GSDFan05

My cocker (no longer with us, we had to have him euthanized several years ago)flew across the Atlantic Ocean several times, about nine hour flights, and he came out no worse for the wear. It's nerve wracking to imagine your baby in with the cargo, but it will usually be ok. You could ask the person that's sending him to you to give him some Benadryl or something to keep him calm and unstressed during the flight.

Let us know how it goes!

Members online

No members online now.