Headed back to the ER

Just heard back. Two docs told her that she's got a low white blood cell count and that the infection's just in a bad spot, that gravity is pulling it down. She's feeling better now that two docs have said the same thing.

ACooper

Well at least they're in agreement and she's on the (in their opinion) right course of action.

Sending prayers and prayers Mia :)

Miakoda

Sorry about the delay in updating. I was almost finished when my computer went dead earlier.

As Renee said, I actually had 2 different docs examine me independently from one another, and they both believe it's a staph infection. Unfortunately, we don't know what kind as I started antibiotics before having it cultured, but my dermatologist is going to do a culture 24 hours after my last dose of ab's.

Bascially the thing on my head ruptured, which cause the massive increase in surface pain and irritation (oh, like an intense burning and prickly feeling). The swelling in my face is symmetrical now (oh goody! :rolleyes: ), and my forehead is like I got botox-it's shiny and nothing I do can make wrinkles appear. lol Too bad my nose is swollen, my cheeks are swollen, my jawline and neck are swollen (think English Bulldog). All my lymph nodes in the face and neck are swollen/inflamed.

I had bloodwork done, and they did find out that my WBC is low. It's on the very high end of low (basically borderline). But it still shouldn't be that way, as this current staph infection is some big systemic infection so great it would overwhelm my lymphatic system. So that just means something else is going on. I go see an internist on Tuesday.

Before I left, they gave me a hefty dose of an IV antibiotic. I don't remember the name, but I do know it started with a "v".

I still have a very bad headache, but it's not quite as severe. The staph has spread a little bit on my head, but the docs were/are confident the Bactrim DS will handle it. They thought it looked fine considering. We just have to wait and see.

Doberluv

Sending good thoughts and healing vibes your way that whatever is causing this isn't serious and that the anti-biotics knock this thing out.

Members online

No members online now.