Roger update

CaliTerp07

Warning: Poop talk ahead, sorry!

We went outside and he didn't poop!!! I took that as a good sign, so we went on a walk (where he pooped twice, but it's starting to have a little substance to it) Good news though, he's starting to be able to hold it in, I think, since it's been 4 hours between poops instead of 1-2 like it was at first. Of course, he hasn't eaten since yesterday morning so that may be a big part of it...

I took him to the tennis court in my neighborhood that's always empty so he could stretch his legs without being able to jump the fence, and that boy RAN like the wind. He seemed so happy to have freedom. This dog is the king of derp face, bounding around like a bouncy ball with his tongue hanging out.

He is quite possibly the worst sight hound ever though. We passed a cat on a driveway on our walk, and while Lucy's straining at the end of the leash to get to it, Roger wasn't even aware it was there. It hissed, and he looked at it, then moved on. Lucy barked, kitty ran, and Roger didn't give him a second glance. That's okay though--made him a joy to walk, unlike my brat who tries to chase every squirrel and chipmunk and cat she sees!

I'm going to make him some rice here shortly to test the waters and see what happens...hopefully we're through the worst of it. If the poop issue is resolved, then things are going to be much, much better around here.

momto8

So happy to hear he is doing better!!!!

I really think there is something else in there with the sighthound, esp if he has pretty much no prey drive. i know of beezers that won't chase at lure courses and lgra events..but not many that will turn down live prey.

Good thing is it will make him easier to adopt out from the rescue!

More Roger photos please?

Romy

Taxiderpy
Sounds great! Glad his bowels are getting under control. :)

And to answer your question that got buried in the other thread, some feed stores carry diatomaceous earth, and you can sometimes find it at health food stores. Just don't use the stuff from pool supply places because they add chemicals.

His pictures and everything that has been written about him make him sound just like Seamus, down to the horrible diarrhea. Seamus did end up having a grain allergy that contributed to the poo issue, but a huge part of that was also hot spots and a yeasty smell.

CaliTerp07

I will get some photos tonight. :)

He is the most awkward dog ever, contorting himself into tiny little balls where his shoulders and hips stick out at the strangest angles. SUCH a love bug though. He wants nothing more than for someone to rub his ears.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and ideas. I don't want to say things are all clear yet, but they're going in the right direction for the time being :)

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
glad to hear that things are improving--*crossing fingers that all "things" solidify* LOL!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I'm so glad to hear things are improving. I was starting to wonder last night if I should come back early. Let me know if you want me to grab him tomorrow night instead of Monday. I should be back by the evening tomorrow.

I miss him actually. I was thinking about him majority of today. I love that he is a total abnormal awkward misfit.

Grab

Glad he's doing better. Hopefully the rice treats him well :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i sure hope things are over and done with in that dept .I can't wait to see the pics.

Teal

...ice road...
Is he still young? Boy brains take a lot longer to mature, and some sighthounds actually need to be SHOWN to chase things before they "get" it... so there's no reason to discount him just because he didn't want to pursue a cat :)

Glad to hear the poop is getting better! Sighthounds CAN be REALLY sensitive... so he may have just needed some time to adjust... though since he's going to be switched around some more, his discomfort might not be over yet :(

I'm glad to hear he is lightening up on his firehose impression... -hugs- to you for dealing with him anyways!

(on a sort of unrelated note...where are those pictures you promised...? ;) )

Romy

Taxiderpy
Glad to hear the poop is getting better! Sighthounds CAN be REALLY sensitive... so he may have just needed some time to adjust... though since he's going to be switched around some more, his discomfort might not be over yet :(
Yeah, even hot weather commonly triggers loose stools. Not explosive bad like you're describing with him, but more runny pudding.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Reading this thread hungover.... Runny pudding nearly tipped me over the edge!

CaliTerp07

Ugh, we're back in the mess of it all. He got pedialyte and rice in the late afternoon yesterday, and a little bitty bit of boiled chicken breast...and despite the immodium, we were back out in the yard 3x last night emptying him out like a firehouse (an apt description!) Only 1 additional indoor accident though (and that was my stupid fault...I should just left him crated all day when I was feeding him, but he's so bouncy I felt guilty)

Let me tell you, if I wasn't in love with this little machine before, I am now...

http://www.bissell.com/spotbot-pet-deep-cleaner/

My sandy colored carpets are still looking nice, somehow.

PICTURES. I have lost the camera cable. I am searching. Or I will retake them all on a different camera. Unfortunately the other camera doesn't have video, so I will sort this out. Lucy is in luuuuuuurve. They play and tug constantly. She's going to sleep for 3 days when he leaves.

Amber, you're welcome to him whenever you want him....he's a serious, serious lover.

CaliTerp07

Okay, here's a video of him trying to get a very, very tired Lucy to keep playing with him. He has never ending energy, and she's quickly running out of steam! (Being 8 years old gives her the right to snark at the youngen!)

Story of the weekend. Just when you think things are calming down, chaos breaks out!

A rare moment of peace and quiet, snuggling in DH's lap this morning.

Xandra

Just wondering what's happening with Roger now? Is he with Skittle now in or in the rescue?

Members online

No members online now.