Mayor Finn's Popsicle Stick Paradise.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
So, as most of you know, I now have my two pet mice.
Mayor Finn is in a huge tank that is 24" W x 24" H x 12" deep.
So, yeah. I made him a little climbing thing out of popsicle sticks and safe, non-toxic Elmer's glue.
My son made the bottom platform, and I did the rest.:D
It has to dry over night. Ignore the piece of scotch tape up front, I only used it to hold the felt material under because it didn't want to remain glued at first.

Front view:

Straight-on view of the top part:

A view to where you can see the underneath from the side so you can see all the angled ramps.

I made him a little stair ramp! SO CUTE. So his little mousey feets can climb up ok.

Over head top view.

It's really not as big as it looks. But he'll have a blast. Well, most mice would, so I can hope!
I plan to hang a hammock somewhere near the top for him so he can go from the top of that to his hammock. AWWW.
I bought a roll of rocket ship fleece for $5 (SUCH a deal!) that I will make him a hammock out of. I also plan to make him some braided pieces that he can walk on.
YAY.

Now I have to make one for Henney Buggy.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Haha that's so cool! When I had hamsters I loved making stuff like that for them.
Just make sure he doesn't eat any glue :p

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Haha that's so cool! When I had hamsters I loved making stuff like that for them.
Just make sure he doesn't eat any glue :p
hehehe, thanks!! I haven't made anything with popsicle sticks since kindergarten, so I had to re-learn how to make things.
hahahaha.

Well, if he eats any glue, at least it's non-toxic.
And it'll be completely dry before he EVER comes into contact with it.:D

ACooper

Aren't you the crafty little lady? LOL, I bet all the mice within 50 miles are going to be trying to rent a room at your place :rofl1:

Very cool...........I can see the next business opportunity..."Mayor Finn Fun Houses" LOL

crazy_paws

No thumbs = No mutiny
It's been a little bit since I made something for the girls. I think you've inspired me. :D

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Thanks, guys!
I think I'm going to let it dry for a bit longer, and then I'll put it in his enclosure.

I HOPE he loves it!
Any mouse in his right mind would!:D

GoingNowhere

how adorable! I know my old mice would've loved it!

You should also try kleenex box houses - they're essentially free and mice love them. If you're feeling creative, you can make a kleenex box hotel by cutting holes in the sides & tops of the boxes and connecting them via toilet paper tube tunnels. Timothy hay and tissue shreds were also a huge hit here for nesting in.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Well, what I think I am going to do is...I think I am going to make Henney his own little popsicle stick tower.
Then I'll remove some of his plastic tubes in his enclosure and give some to Finn because Finn's enclosure is bigger.
Once the tortoise's new enclosure is built, that will free up space for me to put Henney in a huge tank like what Finn is in.
Then I can just go buy more plastic tubes.

And pictures to come probably tomorrow.
I was messing with doing up fleece pieces and trying to tie them to the top.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I found keeping Mice on peat pellets really kept them smelling good and they liked it too. I think a popcicle tower is way too cool. Also one thing I found for my rats that they liked was I took a wire cricket cage like you buy in bait shops and hung it from the top where they had access to it. They loved their tree house and it had good ventilation too.

Can't wait to see your pics! I am always thrilled to see your pretty mice. I am green with envy. I always wanted a fancy mouse like that. I would have swooned if I saw a blonde ginger mouse. I saw some pretty cool ones on some late night show once. Mice like I had never seen before.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
Thanks!!!
What I might do is, I might take the tower out, and put Finn on it and let him run around.
When he's actually awake, he runs all over it.
But silly me just recently found out (I THOUGHT so, but wasn't sure) that mice are nocturnal, so mine at least don't come out much during the day.
And they get more active in their enclosures right after we've gotten done handling them.

Members online

No members online now.