Can I have a teensy brag?

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Nothing all that impressive, but I was so happy all the same.

Today, Sierra walked home from work with me. On her flat collar. At almost a perfect loose leash heel with focus on me for almost the whole walk.

WOO!

My girl is coming around!

BostonBanker

That's not even a teensy brag. I am fully convinced that teaching good leash manners is far harder than just about any other skill. Brag away - I'm certainly impressed!

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I don't think it's consistent yet by any means, but the fact that I was able to get that kind of focus out of her and actually get almost a whole walk that way was so great!! I just have to keep it up :)

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
That's AWESOME Nilly! Not teensy at all - I'm still working on that perfect loose leash walk with Finn, we're far from perfect. :) Keep it up!

Dekka

Just try me..
Having met the enthusiastic Sierra its not a small accomplishment. Some dogs are born with LLW skills (like the whippets) others have a talent for dragging humans all over the place :D

Horray!

lizzybeth727

That's not even a teensy brag. I am fully convinced that teaching good leash manners is far harder than just about any other skill.
Yes! We have people all the time see all the impressive skills our service dogs can do, and when they ask what was the hardest thing to teach, our answer is almost always "LEASH WALKING."

Members online

No members online now.