I am so excited

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Guess who is starting his obiedience classes on Monday? AJAX!!! He already knows a lot of the stuff but not in a class enviroment. So he is going to go to class. Once he completes the class then he will do the second course and then they agreed to help me train him to take Sheena's place as my Service Dog. It will take at least another year after the regular training to train him to be on par with Sheena. So she will be about 7 or 8 and he will be about 3. Perfect age I think to start the slow transition of switching to using him and leaving her home.

I was so happy to find a training group here that was willing to help me train him all the way to Service Dog status. He has so much more energy then Sheena did at this age that the help will be greatly appreciated. I am very excited to get started.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
Depends on the type of Service dog but usually between the age of 8-10 years of age.

I remember back in elementary school when a man brought in some different service dogs and did a speech about them-I didn't hear everything he was saying though, because I was waiting for him to bring the dog by me. :p

wishbone

Haha Ajax must be so excited too! Wondering what will be inside his launch box.

Doberluv

Very exciting. You'll have to keep us posted. What a great plan for him.

Hey, I had a GSD named Ajax. Only I pronounced it like the Germans do...."Ah-yax" (sort of hard to show what I mean) The short sound of A.

Anyway....best wishes and good luck!

Members online

No members online now.