Time to brag

becca_4321

What a spoiled Princess. We have a friend who takes her on walks when he can. It's to hot right now, so he decided to take her to his apartment to watch the race. She loves her one on one time with him.
But let me take this time to brag on Gracie! Not only is she now running to the door to greet people, she went to our friend on her own without being called wanting his attention. I'm sure it doesnt sound like a big deal but a week ago this little girl still wouldnt have anything to do with anyone but me. I've been exposing her to others, having others pet her and talk to her, exposing her to new places. I had decided she may never greet anyone at the door. So it's exciting to see her coming out of her shell.

becca_4321

Isnt that funny. While most people are trying to teach their's how to calm down when company comes, I'm getting excited because mine is starting to greet! With her it shows me signs that we are doing something right. I really thought she'd never be one to get excited when company comes so my goal was to make sure she knew how to act if someone went to her. So seeing her so happy and actually greet people and then to go up to someone is exciting. I may have to tone those greetings down, but I'd rather figure out a way to do that than have her stand back in the shadows making everyone nervous. So I'm Excited as a mom who seen their baby take it's first step!

I understand that completely! Bimmer was quite the lurker when he was a pup! He's still not an enthusiastic greeter - he wants to check someone out thoroughly before he lets them in! He's got the perfect set-up too; while everyone is worried about the two grrrrrls he gets to slip around behind and size them up. He takes his cues from Charley and me though, and even if he doesn't approve of someone will behave as we ask him to. He's somewhat more open about watching people if Charley's not home and it's just me, but he knows what I expect of him.

Members online

No members online now.