The Pitbull Problem?

Saje

Island dweller
That's a great video that has been posted many times on this site. I can't think of anyone here who is ignorant about pits. At least not any regular members.

pitbulliest has a link to that video on her site as well.

amymarley

I love pits, but the people who need to be "educated" or reached out to, I doubt utilize this forum.
Amy

Bowowee

Bulacan Pitbull Club
Saje said:
That's a great video that has been posted many times on this site. I can't think of anyone here who is ignorant about pits. At least not any regular members.

pitbulliest has a link to that video on her site as well.
Maybe a BSL supporter will stumble upon it. I wish...

smartie

guys, to be honest I was crying watching this video, so my pups came to lick me over... I have never seen it before, thank you for posting this link

guys what people do to prevent dog fights?

Bowowee

Bulacan Pitbull Club
smartie said:
guys, to be honest I was crying watching this video, so my pups came to lick me over... I have never seen it before, thank you for posting this link

I don't know the answer to that question. All I know is there are various states in your country that are banning the breed. I wish they will send them here. The Pitbull is the number one breed in my country. The Philippines is full of Pitbull lovers.

malabui

DeepFang
You find that its alot of people who don't know how to treat dogs that buy the 'visous' looking ones and then are supprised that the dog eventully turns against them. I heard resently that someone just fed their dog lollypops. No-one who knows dogs would do that. Its not good for us and even less good for the dog

pitbulliest

yeah...people who want to own a pet should have to take some kind of exam. People who want to drive need to take a driver's license exam...people who want a dog or a cat should have to do the same...they should have to QUALIFY for a pet...its a huge responsibility...if you can't afford to take care of an animal and don't have the time or willingness to educate yourself about what it means to own one, then you SHOULDN'T be able to...

oriondw

user not active
Honestly, with all the videos you are people posting it seems like you are trying to guilt trip people into loving pit bulls...

Yeah...

pitbulliest

???

I don't even understand why you'd be saying that anyone. The reason for showing videos like that to people is to make them realize that pit bulls are the victims here as well. They are the most abused and neglected breed in North America, if not the WORLD now.... when the brain washed general public thinks of the pit, they see a snarling dog with a chain around its neck. WHY NOT show the other side of the story; pit bulls with open wounds because their disgusting owners fought them, dead pit bulls lying in a back alley because they lost a fight, a pit bull burned from having acid poured onto its body because the owner wanted to make it aggressive...

Why not show people those pictures? People who think these animals don't deserve the same kind of love and respect as any other dog DESERVE to go on a guilt trip...If I had a chance I'd slap them across the face while I'm at it!

pitbulliest

smartie said:

There's a section on my website that deals with just that topic.
http://www.pitbullproject.ca/help.htm

Hope that helps :)
The section just above it dealing with animals in your community is useful too. The best thing to do is get the numbers of your local authorities: Police, Humane Society, and Animal Control... they are the ones that will deal with criminal cases like dog fighting. If you ever suspect anything, don't be afraid to notify. You may end up saving alot of dog's lives!

Amstaffer

oriondw said:
Honestly, with all the videos you are people posting it seems like you are trying to guilt trip people into loving pit bulls...

Yeah...
I think from your past posts we know how you feel about Pits....but anyway I think the purpose is to get people to realize that Pit Bulls are abused more than any other breed and yet make wonderful pets when given half a chance. It is also meant to show people who hate the whole breed are just plan wrong and have no basis for they prejudice.

Just Thank God that your "wonderful" breed is not the target of wanna be tough guys who are looking to prove how Macho they are. If Pit Bulls are banned into extinction these Wannabees will looking for a new breed....maybe they will choose yours, you have alluded to how great they are at Guarding and "Neutralizing" targets they are; sounds like a perfect fit for the a##holes who abuse Pit Bulls. ( FYI Trying to prove a point here, I am not wishing any breed to be abused like the Pit bull)

We don't want you to love them just don't irrationally hate them.

T

tessa_s212

oriondw said:

Yeah...
I take it that you don't like "pit bulls"?

oriondw

user not active
tessa_s212 said:
I take it that you don't like "pit bulls"?

I dont have a problem with pitbulls. I hold them in same regard as I do all other dog breeds.

Its just pitbull enthusiasts on this board are so zealous, its borderline weird for me.

Amstaffer

oriondw said:
Its just pitbull enthusiasts on this board are so zealous, its borderline weird for me.
If it seems like Zeolotry to you then you don't understand the condition of the Pit Bull in America.

pitbulliest

oriondw...well there are other threads on this forum that don't deal with pit bulls...you are more then welcome to view those ones instead...I don't see the reason for complaining here...

This is a dog forum. Pit bulls are dogs. Right now, there is literally a "pit bull" crisis with BSL popping up everywhere. As responsible owners, we aim to educate people in order to prevent the breed from being targetted (which is what is happening)...sooner or later, another breed will be targetted. This is a trend we've seen throughout history. First dobies, GSDs, chow chows, rotties...now pits. Just pray that your breed of choice isn't next on the list. And if it ever is, we'll see how you react...and if you don't, well then that tells me alot about your comittment to something you love...

Give me a break...

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Orion, wow havent seen you here in a bit. Zelous or not, it isnt that we the owners of pits or lovers of them are trying to shove it down anyones throat, but education education education is the key here. I love my pit to death, she is the biggest 70 pound baby I have ever had, and I am glad she is that way. She is a huge pain in my back side, but what animal isnt. Izzy my siberian is even a bigger baby than Nalla and she is reaching Nallas weight at a high rate of speed, but they are both babies. I am crushed and saddened, angry and in fear of what is happening to this breed of animal. They for the most part are singled out for destruction, laws being put in place to ban their exsistance. Now if we were to ban the exsistence of any one nationality of people then we are prejiduce and are wrong in our views.

Yeah granted pits are just dogs, well this statement is true but pits are also companions, friends, babysitters and above all family members.

As a dog groomer, I spend my day handling dogs. I have NEVER been bit by a pit, nor even had one attempt to bite or even give me a funny look. What I have been bit by are the nice "family" dogs: cockers, shih tzus, chihuauas, springers, yorkies, labs, goldens. But don't think I am knocking those breeds saying they are aggressive! What the BSL supporters need to realize is that it is the OWNERS that make the dogs this way. My worst bite came from a golden that ended up pinning me in a corner and leaving me with having to get several skin graphs and reconstructive surgery on the muscles and nerves in my arm and hand. BUT that dog was EXTREMELY unsocialized: had never been out of the backyard, been around other dogs or people, taught to walk on a leash, taught basic commands like sit, stay down, etc. The dog ended up being put down several months later after it attacked the couples 15 month old son. My whole point being in this long post is that pitbulls are not the enemy here, it is the idiots that get them to guard their crackhouses and use them to fight!

Members online

No members online now.