Returning a dog to the breeder - Questions/Rant

Doberluv

Tahlzk, there's a valid reason for the saying, "History repeats itself." I consider someone who neglects one dog a very high risk for re-offending. It's just like any child abuser. Once they cross the line, they're the ones more likely to repeat that behavior unless someone stops them. If you were going to re-home a puppy you loved but couldn't keep, would you feel confident with someone as it's new owner if you saw a puppy like this Fila in his or her care? Or would you find someone else who has not shown any signs of this kind of behavior? If you answer the way you've been going on here, I'm not shocked, but disheartened.

And I agree that the pictures of her other dogs, while they don't look anywhere near the condition of the Fila, look too thin, teetering on the edge.

yoko

No, I don't think it's alright to starve one dog but the fact is, even if this did happen, for whatever reason, some one shouldn't be banned from owning dogs for a one time offence.
I disagree she starved a dog. She starved a baby animal. She should not be responsible for any living thing at this point.

M

MyHorseMyRules

I'm at work so I'll reply better soon but what makes her current dogs look so bad? They look quite darn good to me.
My answer:

TahlzK, maybe you're not understanding the reasoning here. We both agree that Fila was in terrible shape. Why did that happen? And if it can happen to one, what's to stop it from happening to another? So, yeah. I think the breeders should be made aware of the situation and be allowed to check the conditions of the dogs.

S

SevenSins

Are you proud of yourself RC? Destroying any reputation Teal had?

Her current dogs should stay where they are, they are healthy, they are worked with, they get tons of attention and love. She adores those dogs.
Why the hell are you blaming RedChrome for "destroying" Teal's reputation? TEAL destroyed Teal's reputation by neglecting a puppy to the point of emaciation. Period.

Who cares if her other dogs are, right now, in good shape? That doesn't excuse what she did to the Fila puppy, and the breeders of those dogs should be given notice. Why should they NOT know? Why should breeders that she may seek out to get another dog from NOT know?

This puppy is a dog I mentioned earlier in the thread. The person who purchased this dog owns two other dogs, who are spoiled and have been kept in good condition. He got this dog and couldn't get attached to him. Rather than send him back to the breeder immediately, he kept this puppy in a crate and forgot about him. Literally forgot about him, except on the rare occasion when he would remember to take him out because he was actually making noise. One day, he suddenly realized that the dog was emaciated, panicked, crafted up a story and told the puppy's breeder he ran away. Breeder got suspicious because this was the same puppy that had supposedly been too scared to leave the porch. After many calls, a rescue person located him, dumped in the pound as an owner turn in. You can't even see how bad off this dog is in the photos because of his color. Did I mention this person's other dogs are in good condition? Does that excuse this away? Does this person deserve to own more animals just because two out of three were not left in a crate and nearly neglected to death? Do breeders deserve to be forced to play that kind of Russian roulette with their puppies?

Doberluv

Demonstrating a complete absence of empathy...caring for, nurturing in even the most rudimentary way,lacking the ability to put aside the fact that the dog doesn't line up with her expectations so just forget the dog and let it starve to death almost...all these things make her unsuitable as a care taker of anything living. It doesn't matter how many times it's happened. THAT is irrelevant. The fact that it happened once is horrific in itself. Once is over-the-top too many times!!!! How can anyone think it would be safe to put another dog in her care? If you think that, you need to do some serious self examination. Or look up some statistics or something. I'm sorry, but you're very, very wrong in thinking this way.

thehoundgirl

I have always thought her sighthound, Bukra looked too skinny. Not sure if that's just me, though. And, this whole situation is very sad and disappointing. :(

Doberluv

Why the hell are you blaming RedChrome for "destroying" Teal's reputation? TEAL destroyed Teal's reputation by neglecting a puppy to the point of emaciation. Period.

Who cares if her other dogs are, right now, in good shape? That doesn't excuse what she did to the Fila puppy, and the breeders of those dogs should be given notice. Why should they NOT know? Why should breeders that she may seek out to get another dog from NOT know?

This puppy is a dog I mentioned earlier in the thread. The person who purchased this dog owns two other dogs, who are spoiled and have been kept in good condition. He got this dog and couldn't get attached to him. Rather than send him back to the breeder immediately, he kept this puppy in a crate and forgot about him. Literally forgot about him, except on the rare occasion when he would remember to take him out because he was actually making noise. One day, he suddenly realized that the dog was emaciated, panicked, crafted up a story and told the puppy's breeder he ran away. Breeder got suspicious because this was the same puppy that had supposedly been too scared to leave the porch. After many calls, a rescue person located him, dumped in the pound as an owner turn in. You can't even see how bad off this dog is in the photos because of his color. Did I mention this person's other dogs are in good condition? Does that excuse this away? Does this person deserve to own more animals just because two out of three were not left in a crate and nearly neglected to death? Do breeders deserve to be forced to play that kind of Russian roulette with their puppies?

This post needs repeating.

That is so very, very sad. It is heart wrenching. No, it doesn't have to happen to every dog in a household to be a horrific, criminal act. No dog should ever have to risk going through this.

Like I said, if someone can still tenaciously defend this kind of cruelty, think it's okay for someone like this to keep owning dogs.... then they should worry about their own reputation, not to mention their own mental or emotional health. That's just sick.

Red Chrome

I have always thought her sighthound, Bukra looked too skinny. Not sure if that's just me, though. And, this whole situation is very sad and disappointing. :(
I'm not a sighthound person but I feel the same.

Tahlz- Ruining her reputatuion would consist of me posting the PMs from her. It would be speculating and having no concrete proof. There is concrete proof and pictures to prove this.

TahlzK

I'm not going to bother arguing anymore because the fact is I have my beliefs, you guys have yours. I'm not going to make you see any differently and you aren't going to make me see any differently.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
No, I don't think it's alright to starve one dog but the fact is, even if this did happen, for whatever reason, some one shouldn't be banned from owning dogs for a one time offence. There's no proof her current dogs are neglected so there's no reason she shouldn't own these dogs and more in the future.

seriously? Would you trade places with that one dog and then say the same thing? THis whole thing makes me sad too. IF you abuse an animal you shouldn't have the right to ever own one again. Ever never in my most heartfelt opinion. WOW I can't believe you wrote that.:thumbdown: Starvation is cruel, a slow and deliberate form of torture.

yoko

RC could you pm me the letter you drafted. I have friends on other dog boards that would probably be willing to keep an eye out for dog breeds of the month.

ACooper

I'm not going to bother arguing anymore because the fact is I have my beliefs, you guys have yours. I'm not going to make you see any differently and you aren't going to make me see any differently.
Beliefs? BELIEFS? What belief could you hold that justifies what was done to that puppy? What belief do you hold that disputes ANY of the EVIDENCE that Teal is the very one responsible?

This is a forum of DOG LOVERS of which you are a member.

You tell me how ANY dog lover can defend the act of STARVATION and NEGLECT of dog. I will repeat, starvation is a SLOW PAINFUL process, pure torture. I would rather hear someone didn't like a dog and put a bullet in it's head as to torture it slowly with starvation.

I think you should take a moment and think about what you are actually trying to defend here Tahlz......

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yoko i have to say that i love your siggy of those two guys in that elevator, it cracks me up every time i see it!!

@RC I am also a member of (more then a few) other forums & can also keep an eye out for "flavor breeds of the month" if you wouldnt mind, that is.

@A Cooper Also, many of us have or have had rescue dogs who have come from situations like this poor puppy did, so yes, many of us have probs with seeing things like this.

regardless if she neglected just him or not.. in fact iff she did just neglect him IMHO its all that much worse IMHO, it makes it seem that she cared better for the dogs that were "in the limelight" more to avoid stains on her reputation, it also shows a level of vendictiveness to purposely give one animal less care just because you "dont like him"... yes I, among others have a problem with this.

You have your "beliefs" - we have cold hard FACTS. I dont know either one of these people at all....have not been on other forums with them or anything else so I have no "side". I have this thread and some extremely damning evidence that yes, proves the fila puppy was neglected and abused. We also have proof of a very questionable history with dogs coming and going with, when added to the fila facts paints a very unsavory picture.

Have you never heard of "A Child Called It"? It is a very famous story of a surprisingly common phenomena where a person picks one child (or in this case here dog) to abuse and neglect. In the childs case, his brothers and sisters were well cared for (well, I am sure there were some things that were off but still in the realm of "normal"), well fed, sent to school, etc. This boy was locked in a basement and tortured. In that case that boy eventually got out and was placed in foster care.....disgustingly his siblings were kept in his parents care. Yep, it started happening to another one.

Members online

No members online now.