I am livid right now *rant

Paige

Let it be
I know some amazing people in that field. Others I want to punch in the teeth.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Don't feel bad. A lot of people have had this happen to them. My neighbor called Animal Control while we were on vacation. She said we had abandoned Voodoo and left him locked in a storage shed. We don't even have a shed....
Best. Line. Ever. I was cracking up at the idea of you leaving him in a shed, of all places... but not having a shed? ROFLOL!

Paige, I hear you. Loud and clear. Some of them are good-for-nothing leeches, IMO. You can be a leech without being an AC officer, of course, but when you are dealing with NEGLECT and turn a blind eye because it's your friend doing the neglecting.... rot in hell.

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
My dachshund is NOT a typical "dachshund"...she's too small, has no chest, you can see her ribs, etc. I am CONSTANTLY asked what she is, what's wrong with her, etc etc. The vet has confirmed that she is HEALTHY and that her size/shape is not unique, he's seen it before. She is a dog from a BYB, but there isn't anything WRONG with her. It's a constant pain, to the point where she has to always wear a Tshirt just so I don't have to field questions from ignorant people.

I understand your pain!!

Picklepaige

WTF? Your dog looks amazing! How dare that person accuse you of not feeding him!?

But, I do know how you feel. My mom won't let me cut down on Reecie's food because she is older and my mom thinks she needs the weight. Um, hello, she gets overheated by just standing outside for 5 minutes.

Paige

Let it be
I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only one who's had issues. I was seriously second guessing myself there for a moment.

IcyHound

Being blamed for starving my dogs is a back of the mind worry with my afghans. They have prominent hip bones that are above the level of their spine. Its a breed thing. Yet every other breed if their hip bones are showing the dog is starved. I even had a vet call one of mine emaciated because of it. Bleh.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Being blamed for starving my dogs is a back of the mind worry with my afghans. They have prominent hip bones that are above the level of their spine. Its a breed thing. Yet every other breed if their hip bones are showing the dog is starved. I even had a vet call one of mine emaciated because of it. Bleh.
Definitely feel your pain on this one. :( Usually I just say, "He's related to greyhounds. They are racing dogs." For some reason that usually makes people go, "oh, um..ok!" :confused: Not sure why, but it gets them off my back.

Maybe you could tell people Spanky is part whippet? lol

Members online

No members online now.