Hershey's farting is unbearable!!! Help?

His farts are nuclear bombs! Its nasty, and we send him outside to get the rest out, so it won't stink the whole house up. :yikes: What is causing these nasty farts? It is so disgusting. Please help. Thank you for reading!

showpug

Is he off the Pedigree yet?

If you just changed his food then it's going to take some time for his system to adjust to the new food. Give it a few weeks and it should improve. Changing from Pedigree to a higher quality food will probably be a big system shocker for him. You could try adding a spoonfull of plain yogurt to his food to help...

ks02

No idea what is causing it...probably something he ate that didn't agree with him. You can give him Simethicone, which is the same as Gas X. I know it is very safe but someone would have to help you on the exact dose.

SharkyX

Back of the Pack
Dogs farts tend to be rather pungent to begin with.
Dog food typically has a fairly high protein content which does tend to stink things up a bit.
Also the quality of the food your feeding will effect his farting or if he has eaten anything to upset his stomach.
They can also get a bit stinky when you're changing food on them while they adapt to this change.

ya Showpug, I did just change his food, and then somebody had to go, and throw ribs/chili over the fence, where he could get to. And now he has weight to lose. Because he got fat over this. And now they should know, not to throw stuff like that over the fence, where he could get to it. Ok, thanks guys! :)

bubbatd

I've been very lucky since the days when my dogs lived in woods and country ....no dead animals and trash . Sweet breath ...no farts . LOL ! I have heard of charcoal liners for peoples' pants !!! Even charcoal cushions for those who gave problems at work ...
'

daaqa

lurking near the surface
yikes...i'm switching my dog off of pedigree...hope i don't have the same problem!

Dreeza

I've been very lucky since the days when my dogs lived in woods and country ....no dead animals and trash . Sweet breath ...no farts . LOL ! I have heard of charcoal liners for peoples' pants !!! Even charcoal cushions for those who gave problems at work ...
'
omg, seriously! :lol-sign:

I should tell my sister this...

bubbatd

LOL !!! I saw it in a doctor's newspaper column ! Woman wrote in that she had horrible gas even Beano wouldn't help ....doc suggested those pants !! I haven't Googled them yet !

Members online

No members online now.