Petsmart trip w/the kids :)

krisykris

I got a clicker/whistle/training book set to work with my pups. I think they'll do really well with it!

It was Emma's first trip to PetSmart and she was beyond excited. She had so much fun visiting with the other dogs!

The only downside was that she gets carsick :( and she did really well until we were on the way home.. it takes about 45 minutes each way to get to Petsmart. I've been taking her for short rides and sometimes she does okay, and most of the time she pukes :(

Is there anything I can do to help her with this? I brought a flat puppy bed and some toys and a blanket so she could snuggle in and get comfortable. Is this something she might need to take a medication for?

I plan on taking my pups with me to Puerto Rico this spring and she'll need to travel so I'm trying to get her used to it!

Aw, sounds like you guys had fun! That is so funny that it was her first time there cause we just took Dillon for his 1st trip to petsmart today too! It's exactly 45 minutes away from us as well... Dillon met a lot of friends, petSmart is such a great store!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Aww, that sounds like a really nice day. :) I LOVE Petsmart. :) I know Millie used to get carsick but once she got used to it more she just stopped getting sick. For her it was a nervousness thing. Is it more that she's nervous that makes Emma sick or is it just the movement?

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Okay just had to add this.....Out Petsmart is 45 mins away too! :D

How Weird!! :p

krisykris

Momof2- I think it could be the nervousness. She passes back and forth a lot before she finally settles down in the backseat. It's just every trip over 15 minutes we've ever taken she's thrown up, so I'm not sure if it's a combination of both or what! I felt so bad because I took her and she got carsick, but I knew she'd have fun!

Brittany- I think you and I are like cosmically connected! LOL We took our pups to the vet the same day AND the pet store! So weird!!

Lizmo- That IS weird! I just moved back home from Boston about 10 months ago, so I'm so used to everything being RIGHT there, it's weird to have to drive!

krisykris

Irish I only have two :), but no I FORCED myself to stay away from the clothes aisle because I pampered them last Friday and spent 250 bucks on them at Petsmart, aaah! :)

krisykris

I got a bit embarrassed when Emma started to bark like crazy at this Burmese Mt Dog. He was just a pup and looked at Emma like settle down woman! Then she went over to him and licked him on the nose. Silly girl. Now that she's "found" her bark she's using it QUITE a bit! :)

krisykris

Awe Jessie your chis are sooo cute! We went to PETCO too, after we went to PetSmart and the people there were soooo rude. There was like no one working there and no one paid any attention to pups, hrmphhh.

Members online

No members online now.