HELP PLEASE with MIN PIN

Hi. My name is Joe and my fiance and I just got a min pin. We live in different houses, and thus have to move the dog between the two homes for now. Would that pose a problem? BUt my main concern is now. I've been trying to train her to go potty in a litter box. The other day was successful, but it seams that as soon as the next morning hits, she forgets everything. I know it takes patience and persistence, but both my fiance and I work all day and she has to stay by her self.

I've tried crating her in different ways. First I got her used to going in it, that's fine as long as the door is open and I'm there too. As soon as the door closes, shes whining and barking furiously. Last night it was non-stop the whole night and in the morning I had to clean her up and she was ready to play as if she got a full nights rest. (I wish I could say the same thing about me)

I'm not sure if we are ready for a puppy since we can only dedicate early morning and evenings to training her. Or if a min pin is right for us. Please advise as this is getting really stressful. She's only 7 weeks old, and we've had her for 5 days, but I've read what other people have written and it looks like you need someone to be with her 24/7.

Thanks

Dekka

Just try me..
You will have a lot of issues right now as pups shouldn't be taken from their moms till at LEAST 7 1/2 weeks, older up to 12 weeks is better. She will not be able to learn where to go, unless you are there to train her. She will need lots of supervision. Its not fair to leave a little pup alone all day. Can one of you come home on your lunch breaks to walk her, play with her etc..?

You are right, you might not be ready for a pup. In hindsight adopting an adult, already house trained from a rescue, might have been a better bet. (lol hindsight is always perfect)

Members online

No members online now.