Big big Mia brag

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Ok so maybe not so big to most of you. But knowing Mia and raising her, she did something amazing today.

Mia is not an easy dog in a lot of ways. She is not a stranger friendly dog.

Today at nosework Mia was a big hit. The other dogs were all big and Mia was so into the work, she gained quite a following pretty fast (and lots of chuckles). At the end, everybody wanted to come up and meet her- 4 total strangers she had never met before in her life. Mia was phenomenal with them. Friendly, licking them, tail wagging, happy as can be. Not suspicious at all. Everyone was going on about how wonderful she was and how friendly she was. I was like :eek: My little Mia? Really?

I'm so proud of us both. I think she's come a long ways and our relationship/trust has come a long ways too. The setting (agility club) is a very familiar and positive so I am sure that was a lot of it. But what a good girl.

Also, the head trainer was there doing some agility classes and she came up to tell me that my trainer has been bragging on my dogs and loves them. She said she's never heard her talk about wanting a small dog before now but my dogs have changed her mind. That's always such a great thing to hear. In a lot of ways I really love showing people who aren't usually small dog people (and face it, most sports people aren't) how great the little guys and papillons in particular can be.

Anyways, I left nosework all happy. :D :D :D

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It was great! We had a blast and mia was hilarious (as usual). She was a big hit because she's so tiny and so enthusiastic. And the boxes were so big she ended up jumping into them quite a bit.

We just started with about 8 or so open boxes and a 'find' of treats in one. At the end of the class we were stacking them and getting a little more creative with the finds. Mia's already making clear decisions and stopping when she misses the scent and turning around.

At first she looked into every single box for the treats lol. After the first go all the dogs got the game right away. It's pretty cool how fast they pick it up.

JacksonsMom

That's SOOOO awesome. I know the feeling - Jackson has gotten better and better in terms of wanting to greet people, let them say hi, etc, and he just turned 4. It's really an amazing feeling.

Go Mia!

Catsi

That's an awesome brag. You must be stoked. Go Mia. :D Nose work is something I'd love to do with Abby. I have a set of scent articles that I do want to train for fun, but I'd love to gather up a collection of games to play - she is such a 'sniffy' dog lol.

Members online

No members online now.