CM gets bitten... again (vid included)

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I think that his methods are made such a HUGE deal just because people are soooooo over sensitive. It is a DOG.
When you are on your deathbed you will not be thinking "how's my dog" lol
Death has a way of making you prioritize your life, I'm saddened that that's what it takes for people to wake the hell up.
When my grandmother was on her death bed, her last words before she took a nap and went into a coma were "give Rosey a kiss for me".

So I'm gonna call bullshit on that one :)

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I realize that there are numerous reasons for a dog to bite. I readily admitted that Cesar was pushing that dog. I still feel that the dog was very low threshold... she didn't just bite she attacked. I'm sure it could have been prevented but I'm glad it happened to Cesar and not that little 18 month old baby.
I keep hearing comments like- "well, if parents were allowing their kids around the dog while it was eating then maybe social services should be called". What if the situation was that the baby dropped a piece of his/her food and the dog "claimed" it and attacked the kid?
Or what of the RG is transferred onto toys (then you'll say don't leave dog toys down) well what if the dog claims one of the baby's toys as her own and attacks?
The point I'm trying to make (and have been trying to do so with much attack) is that walking on eggshells around a "family member" isn't fair. It is not in ANY WAY worth the risk. This dog proved that she has a low bite threshold...
If it were my dog, I still maintain that I would have her put down.
If people want to risk it with their aggressive (known manbiters), so be it. I would consider that more of a reason to contact officials for a child's safety...
Flame away... lol
Then what is the idea behind NILIF training? Stands for Nothing In Life Is Free... Just because a dog has something between its teeth, doesn't mean a person shouldn't be able to take it away.
I wonder how you guys would do training police k9. How would the release command work? "You got the guy, oh good, just release him when you feel like it"....
Yes I realize the previous owners most likely failed to train this dog. It certainly isn't that child's fault. She would be the one who might pay with her life or at least a limb or two.
again you are misssing the point LOL, police dogs are chosen for their high prey drive because they are very toy motivated, they know as soon as they release the bad guy, they get their fave toy & get to play fetch ot tug or whatever.

senario: dog has something in their mouth (& it has happened to me) chicken bone, dead rabbit, toad, whatever. i taught mine 'drop it!' but i say it (or try to) in a happy cheery voice, clapping my hands happily at them, if they do, (& they mostly do beecause i = great things happening) if they dont i walk to where they can see/smell wwhat i have (which isnt that close if you stand down wind) & wave a treat in front of their field of smell, in my 20 yrs with dogs i have never had this not work for me.

my dogs know a solid leave it, so much so that if i drop something, (which is rare, for real so i practice it a lot) they will auto-sit & look expectantly for a treat, because when i practiced this i would give them the leave it commend then ask for a sit... its amazing how quickly they pick that up, in fact when i first started doing that i realized i was teaching them that without meeaning to LOL.

there are rules of ediquette i obide by with my dogs, & they respect me for it: a big one here is if i give you something it is YOURS UNTIL YOU ARE DONE (as in the case with foodf when i take their bowl up after they are done... but they get a treat in exchange anyway) this goes for chewies, raw meaty bones (which i give after they eat a few days a week, i dont take them til they go out for the day outside, then after i put them out i take them up & refreeze them.

Sigh... i lmiss the days when we scolded kids for harassing the dog til it bit them, i remember on a few occasions being scratched by my mom's cat she had at the time when i was little & mom saying 'i told you so'.

Originally Posted by rubygirl
I think that his methods are made such a HUGE deal just because people are soooooo over sensitive. It is a DOG.
When you are on your deathbed you will not be thinking "how's my dog" lol
Death has a way of making you prioritize your life, I'm saddened that that's what it takes for people to wake the hell up.
I beg to differ on this, see that dog in my siggy below ----V? I cried more for that dog when she died then i have for any of my dead relatives to date, that dog was a better friend to me then any human ever was or will me. so yes i'm sorry if i get a little offended when i hear someone say a dog is just a dog... no human, not even my fiancee will get me like my dogs get me.

rubygirl

Gotta love the hyprocrisy!
If my kid bent down to pet one of your chihuahuas and it attacked because they didn't "read the signals properly" I would punt it like a foot ball.
You may stand there and wait for the dog to quit its psychotic tyrade so that the child learns "respect for animals" (don't know how it would be learning anything but that having your shins ripped up isn't pleasant) but I would take action to defend my child.

rubygirl

again you are misssing the point LOL, police dogs are chosen for their high prey drive because they are very toy motivated, they know as soon as they release the bad guy, they get their fave toy & get to play fetch ot tug or whatever.

senario: dog has something in their mouth (& it has happened to me) chicken bone, dead rabbit, toad, whatever. i taught mine 'drop it!' but i say it (or try to) in a happy cheery voice, clapping my hands happily at them, if they do, (& they mostly do beecause i = great things happening) if they dont i walk to where they can see/smell wwhat i have (which isnt that close if you stand down wind) & wave a treat in front of their field of smell, in my 20 yrs with dogs i have never had this not work for me.

my dogs know a solid leave it, so much so that if i drop something, (which is rare, for real so i practice it a lot) they will auto-sit & look expectantly for a treat, because when i practiced this i would give them the leave it commend then ask for a sit... its amazing how quickly they pick that up, in fact when i first started doing that i realized i was teaching them that without meeaning to LOL.

there are rules of ediquette i obide by with my dogs, & they respect me for it: a big one here is if i give you something it is YOURS UNTIL YOU ARE DONE (as in the case with foodf when i take their bowl up after they are done... but they get a treat in exchange anyway) this goes for chewies, raw meaty bones (which i give after they eat a few days a week, i dont take them til they go out for the day outside, then after i put them out i take them up & refreeze them.

Sigh... i lmiss the days when we scolded kids for harassing the dog til it bit them, i remember on a few occasions being scratched by my mom's cat she had at the time when i was little & mom saying 'i told you so'.
I've never had to jump around and make a fool of myself for my dog to do something. I just say drop it and that's the end. Or I look at her a certain way and she wags her tail and releases.

What if the situation was that the baby dropped a piece of his/her food and the dog "claimed" it and attacked the kid?
Or what of the RG is transferred onto toys (then you'll say don't leave dog toys down) well what if the dog claims one of the baby's toys as her own and attacks?
What you seem unwilling or unable to grasp is that this dog's RG did not result in Cesar's bite. The dog did NOT bite him over the food. She didn't bite until the food was no longer even involved. So this is really faulty logic.

What if what if what if. You train for the "what ifs." And you manage and supervise. But it takes effort. More effort than just shrugging your shoulders and giving up. Some people can or are willing to do it, and some aren't.

This dog proved that she has a low bite threshold...
Actually I think she proved that she has a very HIGH bite threshold. Do you know what a bite threshold IS?

THAT IS AN OPINION, WHICH IS WHAT FORUMS ARE SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR.
Yup. You're entitled to yours, and we're entitled to ours. :)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
If my kid bent down to pet one of your chihuahuas and it attacked because they didn't "read the signals properly" I would punt it like a foot ball.
You may stand there and wait for the dog to quit its psychotic tyrade so that the child learns "respect for animals" (don't know how it would be learning anything but that having your shins ripped up isn't pleasant) but I would take action to defend my child.
Well, that would never happen because I would never let your children get within 50ft of my dogs!

Anyone who is knowledgable about dogs knows not to just let their kid bend down and pet random dogs.

Thanks for the Friday entertainment, Ruby. Although this has been very amusing, it makes me worried to know that there are people out there like you.

rubygirl

As an experiment just now- I just gave my dog eye contact and she knew to come. I then leaned forward a bit and she knew to sit (i didnt have to say a word). Dogs can read us a whole lot more then we think... dogs should know not to bite unless seriously threatened. This dog was not seriously threateded.

rubygirl

Well, that would never happen because I would never let your children get within 50ft of my dogs!

Anyone who is knowledgable about dogs knows not to just let their kid bend down and pet random dogs.

Thanks for the Friday entertainment, Ruby. Although this has been very amusing, it makes me worried to know that there are people out there like you.
Yeah because you would really know which children were mine :rolleyes:
The respectful quiet children that obey their parents. Or to you they would be considered withdrawn and suppressed lmao!
I feel the exact same worry. People who love their dogs as much or more then their kids should also be euthanized ... along with this dog!

JessLough

Love My Mutt
As an experiment just now- I just gave my dog eye contact and she knew to come. I then leaned forward a bit and she knew to sit (i didnt have to say a word). Dogs can read us a whole lot more then we think... dogs should know not to bite unless seriously threatened. This dog was not seriously threateded.
Bullied = seriously threatened.

And congratulations, you (meaning to or not) trained your dog previously to sit when you bring your head to her.

This dog was not seriously threateded.
From YOUR perspective, as a human, she did not appear to be seriously threatened. From her perspective, she was being pursued and threatened by an erratic, threatening person who did not respond to her numerous attempts to appease and diffuse the situation.

But recognizing that would require empathy on the part of the viewer. :)

LOL your dog KNOWS you. My dogs aren't afraid of eye contact from ME because we've trained it and they know what to expect from me. They certainly would respond differently to a cocky, bullying stranger in their yard. You just really don't understand much about dog behavior, do you?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Yeah because you would really know which children were mine :rolleyes:
The respectful quiet children that obey their parents. Or to you they would be considered withdrawn and suppressed lmao!
I feel the exact same worry. People who love their dogs as much or more then their kids should also be euthanized.
I'm confused- were you replying to my post? This ramble make no sense whatsoever.

Any parent who understands dogs (and respecting them) will teach their children to ask before petting one. As a child, my parents taught me not to pet any dogs without asking the owners beforehand. Some dogs don't like children or strangers, some dogs like their personal space, etc, etc, and it's rude to pet a dog without asking their owners before hand.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Jessie>> agreed o_O. ppl like her are the reason that i couldnt take my Izze to petco or petsmart, because there are ppl out there that think their kids have the right to run up & pet any dog they like & the dog has no say... really...REALLY??? does a dog not have feelings? does he not feel pain, anguish, fear & hurt? Izze was a kid hater, big time.

im sorry to disappoint you but you wouldnt get the chance because if you aggressed towards one of my dogs you would have me to deal with... very... quickly.

rubygirl

Bullied = seriously threatened.

And congratulations, you (meaning to or not) trained your dog previously to sit when you bring your head to her.
OHHHH no did I do it "Cesar's way" ? Lol
I didn't click over and over and treat and scream and wail in a high pitched voice. And then buy my dog an ice cream cone and sing a country tune while whistling Dixie. Nor did I leave my dog my house in the will in the chance that I might die before she did. I didn't buy her a Louis Vuitton set of puppy boots and a Gucci puppy jacket. I don't prioritize her over my children... Oh the humanity!,!!!!!
You guys (not all but most) are a joke. :eek:
I've wasted my time being here as I am (thankfully) not in the same puppy humping niche as the majority belonging to this forum.
I've got other things to do so have a very nice day with your clicker/treat trained puppy that is all that you have to live for! :)

rubygirl

I'm confused- were you replying to my post? This ramble make no sense whatsoever.

Any parent who understands dogs (and respecting them) will teach their children to ask before petting one. As a child, my parents taught me not to pet any dogs without asking the owners beforehand. Some dogs don't like children or strangers, some dogs like their personal space, etc, etc, and it's rude to pet a dog without asking their owners before hand.
No f*****g kidding.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Pretty sure I don't clicker train. LOL nor do I treat train. Sorry you're trying to bully me and miserably failing!!

Don't you have kids you should be paying attention to rather sitting on the computer? Don't want to let them miss out on learning to abuse their dog!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
That's her modus operandi. Also when asked a direct question that the answer to is "yes," quickly divert to a different subject so it doesn't become obvious you're losing the debate.

ETA: Is this the same person who told us years and years ago we were part of the "cookie waving cult?" That was my forum title for ages and I just changed it like a year ago. I loved that. Clicker Cult sounds pretty cool too though, for the alliteration.

OHHHH no did I do it "Cesar's way" ? Lol
I didn't click over and over and treat and scream and wail in a high pitched voice. And then buy my dog an ice cream cone and sing a country tune while whistling Dixie. Nor did I leave my dog my house in the will in the chance that I might die before she did. I didn't buy her a Louis Vuitton set of puppy boots and a Gucci puppy jacket. I don't prioritize her over my children... Oh the humanity!,!!!!!
You guys (not all but most) are a joke. :eek:
Ah, fabrications and personal insults. The last refuge of someone who is insecure in their position. :)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
That's her modus operandi. Also when asked a direct question that the answer to is "yes," quickly divert to a different subject so it doesn't become obvious you're losing the debate.

ETA: Is this the same person who told us years and years ago we were part of the "cookie waving cult?" That was my forum title for ages and I just changed it like a year ago. I loved that. Clicker Cult sounds pretty cool too though, for the alliteration.
I went back to that thread yesterday, actually, because this person seemed very similar in their ways of arguing.

Members online