Need comfy tennis shoe recommendations

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My current pair of shoes is just a cheapy pair of Champions that I only bought because of the color. And any sort of standing or walking in them KILLS my feet.

So, I need recommendations for a good shoe. Neither of my jobs allow me to sit, so I can be on my feet for a good 8-10 hours a day. I miss being able to wear Crocs!

lizzybeth727

I'm on my feet all day, too, and I pretty much only wear Nikes.

IME, though, you really have to find the right shoe/brand for you. My Mom, for example - whose feet are almost exactly like mine - only wears Reeboks, but they're uncomfortable to me.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I'd recommend going to a good shoe store where they can look at your feet and tell you what sort of shoe you need. What works for my feet won't necessarily work for yours.

umterps97

I love these Reeboks. I had never thought Reeboks were comfortable, and when these first came out I thought, "Wow, they're kind of ugly", and then I thought "Ugly, but kind of cute", and then it was "must have now".

They are super comfy and cushiony, and I used to wear them to work all the time! (now I have a job where I can't wear sneakers everyday...boo!)

Saeleofu

I'm hoping to find a pair of cheap(ish) New Balance Minimas at some point to wear to work, since I can't wear my VFFs :( New Balance in general are pretty comfy shoes.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I'd recommend going to a good shoe store where they can look at your feet and tell you what sort of shoe you need. What works for my feet won't necessarily work for yours.
Ugh that's no fun. :p

I think the problem with my current shoe is that there's just.... nothing to them. Makes them lightweight I guess but there's no support or anything.
This is my current shoe... in green instead of pink haha
http://www.payless.com/store/produc...&lotId=091517&category=&catdisplayName=Brands

I guess this is what I get for buying a shoe based solely on color and price lol. But I literally can't even take a walk around the block in these things, they are AWFUL.

Sucks because trying a shoe on at a store really just tells you if it fits or not--doesn't tell you what it will feel like to stand in them all day!

lizzybeth727

Sucks because trying a shoe on at a store really just tells you if it fits or not--doesn't tell you what it will feel like to stand in them all day!
Yeah, but, of my favorite shoes, I could tell the first time I tried them on that I was going to love wearing them. I've bought shoes that I was on the fence about and figured I'd "wear them in" or whatever, and I've always regretted that.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
My husband and I have both had good luck with Under Armour. They make some very cushy shoes.

The best time to try on shoes is at the end of the day, preferably after your work day. That's when your feet have swollen up and are at their weirdest shape, so you can be sure to find a shoe that is comfortable even when your feet are at their worst.

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
I Love my asics!! I have had my current pair for about 5-6 years, and I just bought a new pair. I am in my old ones at work all day, go for walks, etc and they have been great!! So many walking miles logged with those with Riley! I bought a new pair, and the instant I put them on I was in love! I walked out of the store with them on (paid though...)! You should love them when you try them on otherwise dont bother!!

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11988604

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Yeah, but, of my favorite shoes, I could tell the first time I tried them on that I was going to love wearing them. I've bought shoes that I was on the fence about and figured I'd "wear them in" or whatever, and I've always regretted that.
That's true. I'm pretty sure that's how I felt when I first tried on my current pair of shoes.. "eh, I guess they feel okay."

The best time to try on shoes is at the end of the day, preferably after your work day. That's when your feet have swollen up and are at their weirdest shape, so you can be sure to find a shoe that is comfortable even when your feet are at their worst.
Haha good idea! :)

I Love my asics!! I have had my current pair for about 5-6 years, and I just bought a new pair. I am in my old ones at work all day, go for walks, etc and they have been great!! So many walking miles logged with those with Riley! I bought a new pair, and the instant I put them on I was in love! I walked out of the store with them on (paid though...)! You should love them when you try them on otherwise dont bother!!
Thanks for reminding me - I used to have a pair of Asics a few years ago for my high school gym class, and they were comfortable enough for that!

Looks like I'm going shoe shopping this weekend.

Members online

No members online now.