Saying Good-bye to Molly

Goldie57

I'm relatively new to the forum, but everyone already seems like family. I just wanted to drop by to let you know we had to take our Husky mix, Molly, on a one-way trip to the vet last week. Her back legs refused to work any longer, and at 14 years old, she'd earned a rest and the joy of being with her old Golden Retriever buddy at the Rainbow Bridge.

I've never had to put a dog to sleep before. They've all run away, died on their own, or whatever. But my lady vet and the girl techs were SO sweet and understanding, it really helped. I was surprised at how peaceful it truly was. Molly was only anxious as we carried her to the van, and then to the vet's, in a blanket. I sat on the floor next to her and she trustingly laid her head on my leg. As soon as they gave her a "sleepy" shot, she didn't care what else they did to her. She gently slipped away.

Of course, I'm crying as I type this. We still miss her terribly. And our black Lab mix, Shadow, is also grieving. (We took her to the vet's afterwards, so she knows why Molly won't be coming home.) But I know it was the right decision for Molly.

I can now truly empathize with those of you who have been through this. It's the right choice, but it still hurts. Thanks for your kind understanding.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I am so sorry for your loss. I know the feeling all too well. It's never an easy thing to go through.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Run Free on good strong legs now Molly. I am so terribly sorry for your loss. IT just isn't fair.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Molly is at peace now. She will forever live in your heart and memories. Try to remember all the good times you shared.

i'm so sorry for molly... i know she means a lot to you... don't worry know rest assured that she's happy where she is at...... RIP Molly

Members online

No members online now.