What is your favorite dog breed?

Snark

Mutts to you
Rotties have always been a favorite. Saw my first one back in the 70s and was totally smitten. Just like their appearance, personalities and that big ol' Rottie grin... :D

I absolutely adore my ES and see no reason to stray from them. Hudson is everything I could want. Playful, out going, easy to live with, more or less willing to chill in the house when need be, and just a good dog. He's just....good.

My mom is always impressed with how 'good' he is with how young he is. I'm like, he was never a naughty puppy. This is just how he is.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
A good Labrador is hard to beat in my book.

I'm also especially smitten with Rottweilers, and I love generic Pitties. :D

I'm really hoping that the Chessie will become my new "breed". I'm hoping they'll give me everything I enjoy about Labradors, but throw in some different qualities that I find attractive in a dog. Wish me luck! ^^

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Flat-Coated Retrievers. Hands down. I love everything about them.

I like most dogs, but FCRs take the cake. If only my heart could handle the possible heartbreak I would have one as soon as my life allows.

One day...

which is your favorite- Labradors

why-Their goofy personality, their zest for life, and that they mentaly stay puppies almost all their lives.

Seriously, what's not to love about a dog who lets you do this to him?

And still looks at you like this?
This dogs are gentle giants. Their sweet too.. :)

MicksMom

A good Labrador is hard to beat in my book...
So true. I love/admire other breeds, and am open to owning some of them (Golden Retriever, Rott, Chinese Crested, Siberian Husky, Elkhound, to name a few), but Labs are definitely my favorite

This dogs are gentle giants. Their sweet too.. :)
Not really giants- males should be between 22 1/2 and 24 1/2 inches tall and 65-80 pounds. ;)

Sorry- oneof my pet peeves is people thinking Labs are supposed to be these huge 90+ pound dogs.

I love all dogs!

But to live with on a daily basis, I'll have to say that Cardigans are my pick. They're a portable size, always ready for adventure, and sweet companions. IF you can get past the shedding and barking hahaha! ;-)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Uh...retrievers, herders, terriers...all under one roof...

/fails

Flat-Coats and Border Collies are pretty consistently the top two, though. With certain lines of Golden Retrievers right up in there.

Last edited:
Its ok

So true. I love/admire other breeds, and am open to owning some of them (Golden Retriever, Rott, Chinese Crested, Siberian Husky, Elkhound, to name a few), but Labs are definitely my favorite

Not really giants- males should be between 22 1/2 and 24 1/2 inches tall and 65-80 pounds. ;)

Sorry- oneof my pet peeves is people thinking Labs are supposed to be these huge 90+ pound dogs.
It's okay. :) It's just that after having 5 cockers as pets, I find labs big. :)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I have three I love most- chihuahuas, rottweilers, and GSDs.
They're all breeds I've loved since I was a little girl and I plan on having many more of each in my lifetime. Of course Fable isn't a purebred GSD. I actually have a very strong suspicion that she's a coydog, despite how extremely rare they are and how unlikely it is. I know I probably sound crazy. That's okay. :p
Oh, and of course I adore BCs as well.

Members online

No members online now.