Parti Poodles...

Ashlea

I am sure she will love her puppy! Who could resist and little one and especially when she is going through such a hard time. I always like to call my Lilly, Think Pink (roof insulation) the warm fluffy space filler, and she does her job really well! She helped me through some really tough times and I am forever in her debt.

Good luck and just make sure this breeder does all the health checks including knees.

elegy

overdogged
losing a spouse is incredibly stressful. getting and having to deal with a puppy can also be extremely stressful. i know if i were going through a very traumatic thing in my life, i'd not be wanting to deal with a puppy. maybe that's just me, but puppies aren't all butterflies and sunshine. they're a lot of work, too.

arent parti-poddles desqualifed(sp) for show, if so wouldnt breeder try not to breed them, im probaly wrong, i'm just wandering?

tempura tantrum

Shiba Inu Slave
Parti Poodles are disqualified from breed competition as far as AKC goes. You won't find a reputable breeder that registers their dogs with AKC purposely breeding them.

elegy

overdogged
however there is a world beyond the AKC. the UKC does recognize and allow them.

(the akc doesn't recognize my breed, the pit bull, either, so i don't tend to see the akc as the end all be all of the responsible dog world.)

I would say get your money back from this lousy breeder. Check out petfinder for an adult dog to keep your mother-in-law company, not a puppy she will have to worry about training in this hectic time while dealing with her husband.

tempura tantrum

Shiba Inu Slave
I don't see the AKC as the be-all-end-all either, Elegy.

My breed was only just recognized by them in 93, and Kai and Japanese Akitas still aren't.

However- quality in SHIBAS is much better in AKC circles. The UKC champions are not taken very seriously. I wouldn't be able to comment on any other breed however.

I do recognize that it's a whole different ballgame when talking about Pitties.

And as far as Poodles go, IF the breeder was registering with AKC I would steer clear of them were they bragging about "rare Parti-colored Poodles."

If it was UKC...use your own judgement and get second opinions on the breeder.

dogsbestfriend

Talk to the Paw!
Update...

Well, I picked up the puppy this past Saturday and brought it to my father-in-law on Sunday (which was his birthday) so he could give it to my mother-in-law. When I left there that afternoon, he was sitting on his chair with the puppy fast asleep on his chest. The next day he started to go down and died on Wednesday. I think he was waiting for the puppy. It is so heartbreaking. :(
I just wanted to let you guys know that the puppy got a clean bill of health (thank goodness) and my mother-in-law just adores her. My husband and I have been staying with her these last few days and she's just so attached to her new "Baby". I am so glad that I could get it to them in time. Now she has something to look forward to and something to keep her busy.
Just wanted to let you know...

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Thats' so heartbreaking...:( I'm so sorry for your & your husband's loss, and your Mother-in-law's. It's so sad, but touching that he waited to give the puppy to her before he passed on. Now she has somehthing to remember him by. That puppy must mean so much to her. I'm keeping you all in my prayers.

Lauren

Delisay

Oh my goodness, that's as beautiful as it is sad. I'm very sorry for your loss, but how absolutely beautiful that he was able to leave her with a new love in her heart for a gorgeous puppy as a gift from him. Just wonderful!!

Delisay

Members online

No members online now.