dna and your dog

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Kelly called me last night and told me she heard this on the radio and thought you all might be interested..she is swamped with work all the time so doesnt' have time to post..so this is all second hand and i hope i tell it right..the question was why should you collect your dog's dna..the answer was for theft or indentifcation..and the second question was how do i do that..and that was easy..take a swap swap the cheek put in a baggie seal and freeze. Is good for years.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
now you ask hard questions..i will ask kelly! since i didn't hear the radio program myself..she had a doberman stolen once and couldnt prove it was her dog..this would have made 100 percent..i will ask her tomorrow.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I have heard that they now have DNA tests for people that they can just get the kit and mail it in lol. For like paternity tests and stuff. It would be interesting to know who does the dna tests for the dogs :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
talk of the nation or
fresh air .. she thnks monday or tuesday.check with kcur.org 89.3 a lab in california..should show the show archives each week.

i hate repeating stuff second hand.one woman was almost abducted..her dog had urinated on the tire..the woman couldnt identify the man but they found the truck..swabbed the urine and matched to the dna of her dog
the other was to prove genetics in breeding..and i forget the rest..anway i hope that helps.

Members online