Tantrums, angst and general puppy snotness!

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
You have to love the 4 months going on I am way better then you will ever be stage!
Either my puppy is a HUGE brat or this is normal and I can't remember. :lol-sign:

Where do I start with Riley Roo Blue Shoe? She throws THE most dramatic tantrums that I am thinking of nominating her for an Oscar. If you do ANYTHING she doesn't like she thrashes and screams and growls and bites. When you get firm and reprimand her for the tantrum she either shuts down and stares off until you let her go (she she runs off wagging and playing) or she will turn and glare at you and play her cute card.
It is all so manipulative, you can SEE she is calculating a way to get her own way. :rofl1:

She is so dramatic as well. If you brush her she screams like she is being murdered. If she gets away from me she will rush to Paul and throw herself on him and act as if I have just removed her leg with nail clippers.

She is intent on demolishing my garden......................................inside my house! She has destroyed every plant in the place by dragging it in and spreading it really evenly all around the house. I think, if confronted, she would claim artistic flair. LOL!

She has literally eaten off all of Travis's ear fringing. I have no idea how I am going to show him next month.

She has no concentration span what so ever and if you try and teach her anything she howls, yes folks, howls at you. :lol-sign:

She has destroyed my Christmas tree. My Christmas tree that was in the spare room cupboard, that was closed. I came home and it was pulled out the cupboard (it is a coiled on that stands on a rod) and it was stripped of most of it's leaves. She looked suitably proud and later that evening vomited up a tinsel star. I am not joking!

I suppose this is what I get for coveting a Papillon puppy! I should have stuck to adults! LOL!

The little shite is lucky that at the end of a long day of being a booger she curls up on your shoulder, lets out a deep, huge sigh and snuggles in to melt your heart.

Paige

Let it be
Oh puppyhood. I am so glad my dog is grown. But boy, are those little devils ever worth it in the end. I hope her puppy stinks go away soon, but if not at least you know she's cute and you'll forgive her for it.

This is why they make pups so cute. Because they are evil.

puppydog

I couldn't agree more! There are some times where I would cheerfully drop a phone book on her!

Maura

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Have you tried putting her in a crate while you are gone or can't otherwise supervise?

I have fostered two papillons, they really are cute.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Can you tether her to you? That might help cut down on the destroying.

Sounds like she needs to know she's not the Queen Bitch. LOL

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Every bit of that sounds really really familiar. :lol-sign:

Tether worked well for us although I will warn you she won't be happy about it at first. Mia kicked and screamed and planted her feet when she found out we were attached to each other for good. Either that or lock her in the room with you. I STILL can't let Mia be out without 100% supervision because she's just not trustworthy. Although yesterday there was an accident (communication breakdown) and Em left Mia and Nard out while we were gone an hour and nothing was destroyed. It was weird.

B

Blue_Dog

Hearing stories like this makes me wonder if I really got Sam when he was a puppy. The worst stage he went through was chewing on a couple of shoes, and it lasted like a day. :p

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I'm pretty sure we forget how bad puppies are. It's like after childbirth when a woman says "Oh that wasn't really that bad." The brain plays tricks on them to make them think that, or else nobody would ever have more than one child. I think puppies are the same way... if you remembered how bratty they are, why would you ever want another??

Catsi

Mmmm.... I'll be following your adventures with Riley closing... in case I end up with a Pap. :yikes:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Ha, sounds like Chloe as a pup...and she still hasn't matured completely out of it yet. LOL You have to wonder why people get puppies? :D

puppydog

Thing is, during the day, when I am not there, she is as good as gold. The only incident was the Christmas tree and to be honest, I laughed my butt off, especially at the tinsel vomit. I just moved the tree.

She does her landscaping when I am there. I don't really stop her because we are moving in less then two weeks and we will be going to a house where all the plants are in pots.

She is surprisingly house trained already. Once she twigged, it was FAST! So I don't really feel the need to tether her. Luckily she is not destructive to anything that counts. Except for destroying our couch in the first week she was with us. LOL!

I think this little one has plenty in store for me! I am willing to swear that Pap puppies are worth then any others! LOL!

Romy

Taxiderpy
It must be a pap thing, lol! I know the bozos were/are total angels in comparison. Kaia's only naughty thing is her crayon eating fetish. She must want the yard to have more color or something.

puppydog

I hope it is not a Pap thing! Because if it is I am going to have to do some SERIOUS INTENSE OVER THE TOP screening of potential new owners or I will have 100% return rate on my pups one day!

Members online

No members online now.