Hope this helps ~ Dog Grooming and How to Tips

No matter how cute your dog is every dog succumbs to stinky dog syndrome at one time or another. Dogs need to follow proper hygiene practices similar to humans and you are the one to help them do this. It is important to engage in pet grooming so that your dog does not end up having the infamous dog odor and matted, dirty fur. You need to keep them in tip top shape by using the proper dog grooming products.

Pet grooming entails a depth of dog grooming services that you need to do perform on your dog often. The most basic dog grooming service that you should do is to give your dog a bath using proper dog grooming products. This dog grooming necessity often makes your dog run for the hills, so following are tips to help you bathe your dog successfully. In some cases, it may be more beneficial to hire professional dog groomers.

You want to make your dog's bathing experience a pleasant one so they don't shake in terror the moment you show them the bathtub. Therefore, make sure the bathroom is comfortably warm. Gather dog grooming supplies together before bringing the dog into the bathroom. You don't want them to cower in fear while you stumble around searching for their doggy shampoo. Path dog grooming supplies include dog shampoo, bucket, towels, and hair dryer.

Once you have your dog grooming supplies ready then go find your dog. Bring them into the bathroom first and then turn on the water. Pet them and comfort them while you are waiting for the water to become a warm, soothing temperature. Keep smiling and make a bath sound like it is the best thing since sliced bread.

You can bathe your dog in the bath tub by using a bucket to splash water over their body. You can also find a hose with a sprayer at the end at your grocery or home supply store. This can be very helpful as it speeds up the washing process.

You can wash your dog with your hands, but there are also rubber textured mittens available on the market. These dog grooming gloves work well to gently scrub your dog clean while giving them a massage at the same time. This massage technique will help your dog to not only take the bath without problems, but actually enjoy it.

There are several dog grooming dog shampoos to choose from. Some pet grooming shampoos are medicated against fleas and ticks. You can also find scented shampoos and shampoos that are made for dogs with sensitive skin. The type of shampoo you will use in your pet grooming can depend on the time of year.

For example, some dogs have allergies in the late fall or spring that prompt them to need hypoallergenic shampoo while in the winter they need a more moisture rich shampoo. The important thing is to use shampoo that is specifically created for dogs. Never use dish soap or your own shampoo as this can likely plague your dog with painful skin irritation. Consult your veterinarian and professional dog groomers for shampoo recommendations.

Once your dog is in the tub you need to make sure to wash water over their entire body. Place a small amount of shampoo in your hands and start by washing the top of their head. Do this with extreme care as you do not want shampoo to seep into their eyes. You can cover their eyes with your hands and rinse in the direction away from their eyes. You can also use eye drops prescribed by your vet that will ward against any shampoo that has accidentally snuck into their eyes.

Continue this process by massage in a small amount of shampoo on their back working your way around their entire body. It is critical to rinse thoroughly so that you don't have any shampoo build up that can be an itchy situation for your dog.

Dry them first with a towel as they shake their entire body as well. Don't forget to gently wipe the inside of their ears and paws with the towel to remove an excess water or moisture. Moisture left in their ears can lead to wax and bacteria build up which leaves them prone to ear infections in the future.

Next you need to continue your pet grooming by drying your dog with a hair dryer. Use the medium setting that is not too hot and test it on yourself first to ensure you won't burn your dog. Hold the hair dryer at least six inches from your dog's fur and work your way from the dense fur on your dog's back to their legs and face. Continue pet grooming until your dog's fur is almost dry, but not completely. You don't want to risk burning their precious skin by drying their hair for too long. You can brush through their hair as you dry it to give it body and style.

It is a good idea to give your dog praise and encouragement during and after this pet grooming session. This will help to improve their behavior during the bath which could save you from being drenched in their splashing water. Bathe your pet as often as necessary. Some require more frequent dog grooming while others can go a longer period of time. Consult your veterinarian and pet groomer for advice about your particular dog.

Bathing your pet can also be a great time to bond with your canine companion while removing their stinky dog smell in the process!

Poppy

If my short coated dog ever got stinky I would be worried about what's going on inside my dog, not on the outside.

That is one thing people need to keep in mind. Although there are many breeds that have been genetically altered to require grooming. Most dogs are clean by nature. I have never once bathed my short coated breeds. A good going over with shedding blade and they are as right as rain. My dogs have never stunk.

Over bathing a dog can take away natural oils that can protect them from pests such as fleas. Also, some dogs will roll in dirt which is a natural pest repellant as well. I just brush them off after a good roll, I think a good roll in the dirt is better for their health and cleaniness.

Members online

No members online now.