I Broke My Foster Persian

Ezra has been with me for about 4 months. He's perfect, and I mean PERFECT! Except I fear that I have ruined him.

Both cats eat TOTW dry. Canned food results in an ugly litterbox for Ezra, and Chesh just plain won't eat it.

A few weeks ago, I brought home chicken feet for the dogs. Neither one of them would eat them, so I started tossing one to Ezra each day. He loved them.

Well, I'm sure you can already tell what happened. Now Ez won't eat his kibbles. He stands in front of the fridge and screams for chicken feet.

If he were a dog, I would just starve him out until he decided to eat his kibbles, but I know you can't do it to a cat for longer then 24 hours. He's actually starting to lose weight.

Suggestions for getting him to eat kibbles again? I've tried a different formula of TOTW, and a different grain free kibble, and he's barely eating enough of each to stay alive. If he were my cat, I would just shrug and start researching how to raw feed him, but he's a foster.

Try soaking his kibble in warm water with a spoonful of ground raw mixed in. If it works, slowly decrease the amount of raw. Then quit soaking it.

This is similar to what I have to do with Lacey, every few months she goes through a faze of not eating for days on end. After ~5 days I give in.

Grab

Ditto the above, lol.

Also, just where are the pics of this Persian... some of us are big fans of the smooshy cats, you know;)

Well, since you asked so nicely....

Isn't he perfect? He's been put in a lion cut since then, but he's just adorable. His little nose is nothing but a pinprick, much flatter then my Cheshire's, but I've gotten used to it.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
OMGOSH, he is utterly adorable. He is just so CUTE!!! And miserable looking. I love it. I think you must keep him, thats the only solution to this problem. I also want to poke his little button of a nose.

Grab

Dear lord...:yikes: If you could pack him up and maul him to my door, that would be most awesome:)

How about I let the two of you fight for him? He's worth it, I promise. ;)

The update on Ezra. So, he's eating more. Unfortunatly, I found him stuck in my trash can two days ago. I assumed that he had stepped on the swinging lid, fallen in and been unable to get out. Oh, no, that's not what happened. He dove in there to eat the cling wrap that had been around Gambit's turkey leg. How did I find this out, you might ask? Oh, I found out when the cling wrap came out the other end, reeking and covered in extremely foul poop. That was an awesome hour cleaning the bathroom. (I need the barfy smiley, stat!)

Luckily, it all came through, and Exra remains....Ezra. Sigh.

Members online

No members online now.