Wish us luck!

RD

Are you dead yet?
I'm just heading out to meet with a new potential owner for Trinity. We decided to meet at the park as opposed to going back to the shelter, just so they can see what a nice, relaxed girl she can be. And this is a sighthound home!! No kids, no small animals, but an active male Borzoi for her to play with.
Please keep a thought in for her. She's been in and out of shelters for half her life, the poor girl needs a home. :(

RD

Are you dead yet?
The meeting was a success, they're a retired couple and their Borzoi (GORGEOUS dog.) got along very well with miss Trin. They said they were going to go home and think on it for a bit, and possibly ask the shelter manager if they could foster her for a week or so first, to see how things would work out.

I had to leave her at the shelter after we took her to meet them. As much as I want to, I can't be a long-term foster home due to her issues with small dogs. I felt so guilty, putting her back in that pen and I know she's worried and confused again. :(

I've got every finger crossed that this will be the home for her.. She's come such a long way and become so special to me, she's a fantastic dog and I just wish other people could see that more often.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I know how you feel. When we got rid of our cats I was helping the lady put them in the crate and I just kept picturing them as the little fluffball baby kittens they used to be that attacked me in bed when I slept. I started crying so I had to go outside. I hope everything works out with Trinity though and they adopt her, they'd be stupid not to.

RD

Are you dead yet?
She's adopted! :):):) I can't stop smiling.

The sighthound-savvy couple that we met with actually didn't wind up taking her, I don't know why as I wasn't there when they returned, but right after they brought her back, a family with one teenage daughter and NO other pets at all adopted her on the spot. They have a 2-acre fenced yard and their daughter is an avid jogger, something Trinity really likes.

They'd never had a sighthound before, but the shelter manager said they really seemed eager and willing to accept her as a member of their family.. They had a car full of dog stuff -- a crate, dog food, dog beds, dog toys, a collar, a leash, bowls..
Oh, and she's got a new name now -- Luna!

I'm really hopeful that this will be her forever home.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Oh, good news! That's awesome when something like that happens, and you can keep on smiling, knowing that you are a huge part of why she now has a home!

Members online