Gunnar Doing His Daily Job

DanL

He does this every morning for me. Normally he runs like a rocket to the paper but me holding the camera distracted him. We couldn't make eye contact like usual.

We go out, I have him sit and do a "critter check" to make sure no stray dogs or cats are in the yard and to make sure there aren't any people walking their dogs nearby. Just as a precaution. Then I tell him "get the paper" and he'll get it and bring it to me.

At the end of the video he's giving me the "well, why are we still standing here" look. Usually we'll go right up the steps and back in the house :lol-sign:

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Cute! Awesome. I don't think I really know any dogs that actually fetch the paper, or slippers anymore. :p

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
lol i LOVE that look at the end
"stupid human, just standing outside..."

cool trick, i dont know any dogs that fetch paper or slippers either. Well, mine like to eat slippers, does that count?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Gunnar is such a good boy. : )

Gonzo used to get the paper at my Dad's house, but at our house the paper is always right by the door. I think he misses his morning chore. These workings dogs need their little jobs to stay sane.

ACooper

Dogs like " chores " !! Miss my paper fetchers !
Yes they do Grammy! It gives them one more area to please you.......and they really appreciate the chance to do that :)

That is very cute Dan, next video I expect to see him bring your pipe and slippers :D

bubbatd

Rufus's chore was to carry the empty plastic kitchen trash can in . He had to go up 5 steps so the can was almost over his head and he loved to growl and hear the sound !

Members online

No members online now.