Pink for a Cure/Halloween

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
well due to it being halloween today i figured id share this...
especially since im ver proud.

Ruby was dyed pink on monday, since then she has raised $100 to donate to brest cancer reaserch and awareness...
yes shes pink for a cure!

dont worry folks, the dye is 100% safe and 100% non perminent...its cherry koolaid none sweetend, mix powder with just enough water to make a very soft almost runny paste, then apply where you want, leave on 3-10minutes (ruby was on for 3 mins) and then rinse throughly. wear gloves, it WILL dye your skin too LOL! this works with any colour koolaid. Manic panic can also be used for a brighter colour that lasts longer, Ruby will be pink prolly for another week or so (2 baths) then back to normal...and strangely its left her fur REALY soft, and she did smell like cherries for a few hours lol.

dont worry she also have been LOVING the attention, infact i think ive seen her prance more while shes been pink than usual...

and for anyone thats going to say "thats so mean" or "your using your dog as a fashion acessory"

she hasnt been harmed in any way, she has loved the attention, she has raised $100 in 1 week for a WONDERFULL cause, no shes not a fashion acessory, i dont match (pink sooo wouldnt suit me) and how is it mean?

and to anyone that thinks shes any less dog for it...read the chipmonk story, she still works hard at her job as a service dog, and can still out-run a chipmonk!
(just wanted to get that out there BEFORE someone said its "cruel", if you want to make such statments feel free but please enlighten me and tell me WHY its mean or cruel)

Shes a little brighter pink in real life...but its not super bright...

the "im proud" look

when someone said she wasnt a "real" dog

(no seriously, my dad said somethng about how now shes pink shes not a real dog and THAT was her reaction)

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
ROFLOL... I love it. And that she smelled like cherry koolaid. Mmmm!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WAY TO GO RUBY!!!! Dogs have the power i swear. ANd way to go Ruby's mom :D fundraising can be hard work.;)

A

Angel Chicken

Oh Foxy!! How wonderful of you two!!!

You know, I thank you and Ruby.

I am all about the "Pink for a Cure" thing, since my grandma died in 2002 from breast cancer that spread to her brain.

So for those of us who have been there, and are fighting for a cure, THANK YOU RUBY and FOXY!!

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
more a thank you to ruby, all i did was play with koolaid...

she just loves it and im thinking we;ll be doing "colour for a cure" ruby for future fundraising, shes loving the attention and its for great causes.

ive been unfortunate enough to know many people who have lost the battle with many ilnesses from cancers to eating disabilities...
and if we can play color ruby, get her lots of attention and raise a good amoutn of money to assiste the cuases then so be it!

a big thanks for the ruby girl!

A

Angel Chicken

Nope, your a big part of it too :D

I think I'll take Kona with us tonight for Halloween :D

Seriously though, it means alot. Even though we have never met, it means alot those those of us who have lost.

Thanks so much Foxy. Your truly a good soul.

Members online