Dobe people

W

Whitedobelover

Whitedobelover said:
melissa do you have a dobe... im guessingnot... i have explained with about ten different ACTUAL scientific websites to these ppl and i will not argue with someone who doesnt know the difference between scientific and word of mouth... that is all the DPCA is... that is why so many ppl are registering their dogs akc then going to UKC... Nadac... CKC... and other registries to do their showing and agility... it isnt because any other reason than DPCA is all hypothesis and no actual fact....

it is from the DPCA LOL melissa so that is why i said what i said LOL... this is so funny

and another thing... i will not discuss this any further... haters are haters. stereotypes will always be out there... it is those ppl with open minds and wanna learn that will learn the true truth behind the Whiet Doberman and not theAlbino

Doberluv

I understood the words you wrote White. I just couldn't believe it because there was no acknowledgement of hard evidence presented.

Nobody hates anybody. What's that got to do with it?

I make the same statement as the science student who said that until she sees any evidence to back up the debate about white Dobes not being albino, she'll have to stick with the laws of genetics which she backed up with the Mendelian genetics law, which have proven among genetic scientists that white Dobermans are albino....always.

Melissa_W

I don't have to have a dobe to understand Mendelian genetics.

I'm working on a chemical and biomolecular engineering degree with a minor in molecular genetics. :rolleyes: But Mendelian genetics is taught in any introductory biology class.

I don't think anyone here has anything against white dobes themselves. I'm sure they are wonderful pets. I think some people are trying to say that white dobes are genetically flawed and should not be purposely bred. But you are welcome to think otherwise.

M

Manchesters

Look, who actually give a frigging sh!t whether white Dobes are albino, albinistic or whatever???????? Why should anyone even give a ****. All that needs to be known is that they are genetically defective, have all kinds of health issues and should be avoided like the plague (spayed/neutered).

If I want to know ANYTHING about color inheritance and classification , I will contact Dr. Caroline Coile, an expert on the subject.

Doberluv

Look, who actually give a frigging sh!t whether white Dobes are albino, albinistic or whatever???????? All that needs to be known is that they are genetically defective, have all kinds of health issues and should be avoided like the plague (spayed/neutered).
You know that....and I know that....and most people know that. BUT apparently, it is necessary to lay down the facts for people who say that all white Dobermans are not albinistic, therefore are not a risk to breed. Albinism is a direct link back to the first dogs who were plagued with genetic problems. The gene pool is so very small, that there is no getting away from it.

joce

Agree with you manchesters but thats what these people aren't understanding. And is this the same girl again who finally got called for all her bull on the other forum.? Yeah,I forgot to tell you guys that I started med school last week. I graduated today :rolleyes:

It makes me sick that people will listen to it and believie it. Ick.

M

Manchesters

Eventually

Doberluv said:
You know that....and I know that....and most people know that. BUT apparently, it is necessary to lay down the facts for people who say that all white Dobermans are not albinistic, therefore are not a risk to breed. Albinism is a direct link back to the first dogs who were plagued with genetic problems. The gene pool is so very small, that there is no getting away from it.
These morons will get tired of spending money at the vet's for allergy shots, etc. and start spreading the word themselves. Heck, Isabella's are bad enough!!!! Imagine all those problems times 10 with the whites!!!!!! BUT----do not all true albinos have the red eyes?? Except for people??

M

Manchesters

One Better

Doberluv said:
No....read that loooooooong post. It explains about the genetic pairs and combinations etc....
I did better than that. I emailed Dr. Coile. Someday she will find the time to answer me, rofl. I can wait till then. Oh, I saw some pictures of the first white Dobes, and they sure as he|| looked like white pit bulls!!!!! I knew the Morrisons, whose dogs appear in the pedigree of the first white Dobes...out of Demetrius I believe. The bitches name was Singlende or something like that there. They were sick when they found out.

M

Manchesters

This is from the DPCA website.......
"Geneticists and examining veterinarians have determined that these dogs suffer from a deleterious form of partial albinism. The greatly reduced pigment in skin and eyes causes marked photosensitivity (squint or shut eyes in sunlight) and increased risk of solar skin damage including cancer. PHOTOSENSITIVITY IS A HANDICAP FOR A WORKING BREED.

This could explain why they don't have the red eyes? Geeshhh, that would be a sight, wouldn't it? Wonder what color they would glow at night??? [Shudder]!

Members online

No members online now.