Irresponsible Dog Owners!

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
*Sigh* Poor Buddy. . .I'm so sorry. Irresponsible owners make me soo mad! I mean, gosh, they can go be irresponsible on their own if they want. . .don't show up to work for all I care, but people need to keep track of living beings and make sure to keep track of them and train/raise them properly! :mad: My aunt has a rottie. . .that is an unspayed, unsocialized dog agressive female that lives outside with no contact. Xena (the rottie) was staying with us and she went after Millie! That was terrifying! I mean she was going to rip her throat out! We all just (stupidly) jumped on her and started hitting her. . .only time I ever hurt a dog. . .she didn't care. . .she just let go of my dog's throat to bite my dad's stepdad and made his hand gush blood. I mean I looove rotties. . .but this is a prime example of what irresponsible owners can do to already feared breeds! :mad:
I'm also hesitant to go to a dog park. Well, I don't think I should with Lucy. . .she's only just over 10 lbs. That's too small, huh? I can read Millie inside and out, though. I can anticipate her every move, and I know she listens extremely well. She's the most obedient dog I've ever had.
Ugh. . .I wish people would take better care of their animals. . .:(

I was recently in a discussion on another forum (chihuahua specific), and we were discussing the very idea of a dog park specifically for small-tiny dogs (say under 25 pounds). Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I need to look into it in my area.
You could start a small breed group in your area. Maybe start out in a large backyard or other safe enclosed area. So many small breed owners would love to join, I'm sure. It might be a fun idea..:)

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
I was recently in a discussion on another forum (chihuahua specific), and we were discussing the very idea of a dog park specifically for small-tiny dogs (say under 25 pounds). Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? I need to look into it in my area.
There was one where I use to live! There was a little dog park and then a dog park for big dogs next to it.

I hope Buddy is ok!!! I can't believe that other dog owner! Instead of making it sound like Buddy's fault, he should have apologized to you!

Speaking of irresponsible dog owners: my neighbors left Friday night for a camping trip and didn't come home until last night. They left their 2 cats and beagle dog outside (the dog running loose of course) and didn't make arrangements for someone to feed them. For 3 WHOLE days! No food, no shelter. Well, the cats always eat at our house, so that was no big deal. But the dog had nothing. She was howling her head off Saturday morning so I took a bowl of Sadie's food over and set it on the front door step. I put more over there 2 times a day the whole time they were gone. All I had was Sadie's puppy food (I know adult dogs shouldn't eat puppy food, but it's better than nothing). I am so mad at them that I can't even look at them :(

I'm sorry

I'm sorry to hear of what happened at the dog park Buddy! People can be quite irresponsible can't they?

And yes they do have small dog parks. Our local dog park has a section which is specifically for small breed dogs. It is a smaller section which is completely fenced in and has it's own enterance (so small doggies never have to be in with big doggies if you do not want them to) While it is not as busy as the big section the biggest dog there has been around 15 lbs...I generally take Wrigley into both sections however he likes the small dog one much better (big dogs scare him!)

B

Bobsk8

I hope Buddy is ok!!! I can't believe that other dog owner! Instead of making it sound like Buddy's fault, he should have apologized to you!

Speaking of irresponsible dog owners: my neighbors left Friday night for a camping trip and didn't come home until last night. They left their 2 cats and beagle dog outside (the dog running loose of course) and didn't make arrangements for someone to feed them. For 3 WHOLE days! No food, no shelter. Well, the cats always eat at our house, so that was no big deal. But the dog had nothing. She was howling her head off Saturday morning so I took a bowl of Sadie's food over and set it on the front door step. I put more over there 2 times a day the whole time they were gone. All I had was Sadie's puppy food (I know adult dogs shouldn't eat puppy food, but it's better than nothing). I am so mad at them that I can't even look at them :(
I think I would report them to animal control

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
:eek: Poor Buddy and Banzai..

Gotta love those Pr*cks who feel that a GR is just "naturally" fine with other dogs and doesn't bother to teach manners or socializing skills..

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Gotta love those Pr*cks who feel that a GR is just "naturally" fine with other dogs and doesn't bother to teach manners or socializing skills..
Yeah, no kidding.. the man telling us his dog has never hurt anything and there he goes attacking Buddy...:rolleyes: the nerve of people these days.

mojozen

bullie lover
Other people's dogs are the main reason I don't take Mojo to the dog park. That and I don't trust him not to fight to the death if he feels threatened. Generally Mojo will submit if a dog is more dominant than he and is a stranger. He may try to dominate if the dog is female and/or if he's already friends with that dog. Usually he's dog friendly and submissive.

But I've had too many bad experiences with other people's untrained dogs (*NOT SAYING MOJO IS PERFECTLY TRAINED - he's not!*) to ever even conceive of going back.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I think there is one near where I live, in Phoenix. I've never checked into it, because even those could be dangerous for my little guy. A 20lb terrier could squash my 5lb Papillon, even if he/she was just being friendly and playful. His Ripliness only gives his "blessing" to dogs under 8-10lbs. :rolleyes: All others get snarked at if they prod/paw at him in play

Idiots also tend to bring medium/large breed puppies into the small dog parks. Yeah, they may be 25lbs but they have needle teeth and huge feet! They were meant to wrestle with dogs that are bigger than them.

Members online

No members online now.