If things were different I would breed...

Saje

Island dweller
If there wasn't an overpopulation of dogs and thousands of dogs PTS everyday I think I would breed Newfoundlands. Right now there is no reason for me to breed but I think that's the breed I would choose in another reality.

How about you?

(and this isn't a dig at responsible breeders)

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Blackmouth curs. Zeus is an amazing dog, and I'd love to get more involved with the breed.

Saje

Island dweller
yeah they do sound neat!

I want to rescue newfs and maybe train them to be lifeguards :D we do live in the lake district of this province :)

Mordy

Quigleyfied
i'm very partial to dachshunds, specifically wirehaired standards. they are the one breed i've been personally involved with the longest.

if i ever were to breed, i'd want my dogs to be fully capable of doing the work they were originally bred to do, so that would involve hunt tests (at the very least) and earthwork.

it makes me sad and upset to see all those overbred couch potato dachshunds that are nothing like what the breed was intended to be.

bubbatd

I miss breeding Goldens so !!!! Besides raising my 2 legged, it was the most satisfying thing I've done.. but, I know it's not to be.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I think I would like to try my hand at breeding Aussies, see if I couldn't get the breed back to what it was in it's working days. Apparently all this 'chrome' you see on dogs these days used to be frowned upon.

Members online

No members online now.