I have a New Dog Forum- Help!

JRTmom

Active Pup
I just started my own forum. On there are dog discussion, jokes, fun stuff, a photo gallery, and so on. Now I just need some more visitors. The board is only 48 hours old and it seems everybody I know isn't into discussion forums, doesn't have the internet, doesn't like dogs, has not much time, etc.

So far I have 8 members. Any hints on how I can get it to grow?

By the way, the address is:
http://jackmom.proboards55.com

Is it okay if I advertise it in my signature or is it against the rules.

By the way, I haven't been on here for awhile but will post on here regularly

Thanks a lot for any help/advice/suggestions.

JRTmom

Active Pup
Registeration is to keep the forum free of trolls. If I let people on without a user name and password and I get someone on there who wants to start trouble, then I won't be able to ban them.

It doesn't take much time to register and you only if to do it once. Once registered, members are free to look and then decide if they want to post or not.

JRTmom

Active Pup
Denaluvscorgis said:
I just joined your forum and it looks great...thanks!!!!:)
Thank you!!! The forum is only 48 hours old ( give or take) and so far I like the way things are going so far.

Later on I am going to make a homepage for Wishbone on dogster and one on aol hometown, and then put a link to the forums on there.

JRTmom

Active Pup
Leslie + Chessies said:
Constructive criticism...I don't like forums where one must log in before viewing the threads/posts. It's nice to be able to check it out before joining.
Thanks for the constructive criticism. I just went back to my forums and figured out how to fix the forums where just anyone can view the forums but it is neccessary to register or login to reply to topics.

I am hoping this will help me gain some more members. ;)

chloesowner

I can feel the pressure..
JRTmom said:
I just started my own forum. On there are dog discussion, jokes, fun stuff, a photo gallery, and so on. Now I just need some more visitors. The board is only 48 hours old and it seems everybody I know isn't into discussion forums, doesn't have the internet, doesn't like dogs, has not much time, etc.

So far I have 8 members. Any hints on how I can get it to grow?

By the way, the address is:
http://jackmom.proboards55.com

Is it okay if I advertise it in my signature or is it against the rules.

By the way, I haven't been on here for awhile but will post on here regularly

Thanks a lot for any help/advice/suggestions.
I'd love to join!. ANd one question... did you register on mine? Becuase a member asked me something along the lines of being a mod there.

JRTmom

Active Pup
I have gotten 8 more members in just 2 days. I am definately expanding.

Oh yea, you can advertise your site at my place, just don't put it in your signature. Put it in the dog website category.

Members online