I am surprised

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I saw the neighbor's cat, the one I posted pics of that was given no shelter, declawed, one dislocated toe and emaciated, was sicker. sounded to me like she had a respitory infection, something was wrong. ALl her hair was sticking straight up. So I came in, and I got out the humane society clinic info sheet. I wrote on the top. Your cat is sick. Your cat needs antibiotics. She needs food without ants on it.
And later that day I saw them walk out with cat, a box, and a pillow. I do not speak to the Mother at all. It's just one of those if you can't say anything good situations. So I wondered. This morning, no cat, no cat last night. So I didn't know if they gave her to someone else, or what happened and wondered if I did the right thing.

The teenage son just came to my garden while I was out there and told me Victoria might have kidney cancer. That she IS sick, and dehydrated. The vet gave them antibiotics, and she will be inside from now on. I in my heart believe this is a good boy. I believe he has come to love this cat, and that he needs a cat to love. So I am quite surprised, but in a good way. NO more alley cat food for her either. I suggested they get her some babyfood baby beef, and he said that is exactly what the vet told them to do. I said I was glad for her because she was suffering. I told him anytime a cat or birds too for that matter have the hair or feathers raised on the forehead, and later the body, something is wrong. I told him dogs will pant and shake and often people think they are afraid but they are suffering. I am glad she has pain meds. I am just relieved all the way through because I am real tired of worrying about other people's animals. I got enough issues of my own to deal with and looking at that cat each day and feeding her to boot was not doing me any good at all. That sounds selfish but I can't do them all here. You think one handful of food isnt' going to kill us. Until you run out a week ahead of time. Poor old girl. SHe gets to be loved after all. AT least there is some kind of happy ending for her, for I believe that is what she really wanted. I felt horrid making her go back to her own porch. Yet the next time I opened the door, there she was. SHe slapped Pepper so many times Pepper just got use to it and walked on by. I was prepared to pass the hat for putting her down.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Sometimes people surprise us :)

I am glad to hear that the kitty is indoors now and getting vet care.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
You did a wonderful thing. :) And you already do so much for your own pets and pets that aren't yours, that is not selfish at all. It's in fact completely selfless. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I can't tell you how happy I am to pull out the plastic crate, and the sheepskin coat from under her chimney. IT was making me profoundly sad to walk past this every day and know I can't fix this. I am glad she is getting love. SHe truly deserves it. THe boy seems to really care for her. I found the bad food dumped out..joys in the grass, where I got to clean it up before my dogs got into it, but baby steps right?
She needs some vibes that there is no cancer. I dont' have a real good feeling about it.

Members online