Be Very Careful Where You Go Online!!!!

Hi, I used to post on the Jack Russells Online forums. All the people used to be so nice and it was a pleasure to interact with such wonderful people. Anyways some new people joined and they were not very kind .. they are what you would call trolls. They are people who simply go on the internet forums just to cause trouble and stir up as much controversy as possible.

On Jack Russells Online I was solicited for money, verbally abused and one time I talked about how I was feeling depressed and someone turned it into a big joke. That is just the beginning. I have heard that some other people have had problems with that site, too. If you want to know send me a pm and I will tell you the horror stories. Stay away from the Jack Russells Online forums. Being naive I responded to the trouble makers.. that was a big mistake. I should have just ignored them.. it made things worse. Some people thrive on making others feel bad.. so if this ever happens to you anywhere, just ignore them. Writing to the web master does not help.. many web sites have advertisements and the more people that join, the more money the web master makes.

If you have ever had any bad experiences with online forums and want to share, send me a pm or you can leave a message here if you like.

Jett,

That sucks that happened to you on a message board and I'm really surprised that the board admins allowed that to go on. Their loss though, as if they continue to allow that type of stuff their board will implode.

I used to be a moderater on a music related message board that had over 30,000 registered members and I can tell you that that type of behavior would have resulted in immediate banning of the IP addresses of the offenders.

Trolls are generally people that register, pop in to cause trouble, then get banned or eventually leave when people wise up and ignore them. Your typical troll event will go something like this:

IHAETJRTS: Jack Rustles aer all teh GAY!

A well meaning regular (someone we call a forum knight) will take offense and respond thusly:

JackRusselsRock1971: IHAETJRTS, While we respect your right to have your opinions, I feel as if your comments add nothing of value to this board. We are all joined here because of our love of...

...and so on...the troll will continue with some juvenile, poorly spelled rhetoric until he breaks down the forum night's polite stance and watches Sir Forum eventually stoop to the troll's level and respond with something like:

JackRusselsRock1971: THAT'S IT, I'VE HAD WITH YOUR STUPID A$$. JERK.

The troll will laugh and laugh, open a fresh bag of Cheetos, and post about it on his blog:

BLOODNINJA83: OMG I TOTALIE SURVED SOME WEENY ON A DOG FURUM!!1! LOL.

I'm not saying it's pretty, but after using, hosting and moderating web forums for 5+ years I see it all the time.

Now if your talking about forum regulars that are just jackasses, thats a whole other thing. I HAVE run across some forums (I call these yocal boards) that are very tight cliques. In my experience those tend to be localized geographically, rather than "interest specific", though.

Anyway, sorry that happened to you and thanks for the heads up. You'll like it here much better, and you'll find a wealth of smart folks to help you out with your silly little JRT :D (Joke <---- I TOTALIE SURVED YUO!!!1! LOLoL)

Welcome,

-Kev :)

Why does he let it continue? Ok, his website is heavily advertised. He gets paid for every click. Go to Jack Russells Online and try to register and read the agreement. He is not responsible for any comments left by the posters. I kind of wish I would have noticed this sooner.

People need to be warned about this sort of thing. I learned my lesson the hard way. And everybody should know that if they come across a forum that has tight cliques and allows abusive behavior that they should run and not look back. Also, I had this lady who has only been on the forums for only a week. She showed her dog giving birth to puppies and wrote me saying she wanted to throw a puppy shower and if I could send something. I wrote back and told her I would send a bag of doggie treats. Did she get back with me...

Nope. I guess when she meant a little something, she meant money!!!!

I could go on but the other things you described seem to describe that forum just perfectly.

Jett29 said:
Why does he let it continue? Ok, his website is heavily advertised. He gets paid for every click. Go to Jack Russells Online and try to register and read the agreement. He is not responsible for any comments left by the posters. I kind of wish I would have noticed this sooner.
That's just a crappy way to run a forum.

Good forums start with a person with a passion, albeit a slightly nerdy passion (sorry Chaz :cool: :) ) for *insert hobby/dog/talent/fetish here* and buy a domain, develop it and spend craploads of time molding into a nice place to visit for people of a similar ilk. Along the way, certain valuable contributers get tapped as moderators to help keep the douichebaggery and riff-raff to minimum.

Just like this place.

Don't worry about those geeks. You'll find just as good info here.

Oh, and don't take it personally about the Internet, just picture that the person on the other side that just hacked you off is probably uglier than you, fatter than you, and stinks. :D

Nerdy :(
That's ok, I have been called worst :)

I don't have the time to go to many other dog forums, so I can't comment on how they run their forum. I would hope they moderate it though.

Chazhound

I've been pretty fortunate so far. I go to a couple of Fila and Molosser sites sometimes, and I've read posts from several people saying that they've left other big dog and Fila boards because of the weirdness, but I've not stumbled into the swamps yet.

There's one response to that kind: I was taught not to argue with stupid people. :D

Good advice, Butt Gumbo. Just imagine the offending person as much uglier than me. Well on the Jack Russell forums I wrote about a little problem I was having with Wishbone. Some jerkwad gave me some great advice: He told me that I should just blow his head off. Real nice, huh? I reported this to the webmaster but nothing was done. ( This all happened a few weeks ago but it left me steamed).

Anyways I imagine that this guy is 5'10, weighs 450 lbs., is covered completely with thick, dark hair, has 3 chins, a pig snout for a nose and buck teeth that stick waaay out. He stinks like rotting animal carcasses and garbage and flies are swarming around him.

I feel much better now.. nothing like a good laugh.

Jett29 said:
Anyways I imagine that this guy is 5'10, weighs 450 lbs., is covered completely with thick, dark hair, has 3 chins, a pig snout for a nose and buck teeth that stick waaay out. He stinks like rotting animal carcasses and garbage and flies are swarming around him.
Oh. That was YOU?!! :eek:

Sorry about that...where's my **** Cheetos?

:D

Members online

No members online now.