Rescue wont call or email back

darkchild16

We are Home.
Ive been trying to get a hold of our cat rescue and they wont answer me back. im so freaking irritated. has anyone else had rescues do this? when i worked with the greyhounds you got a call back the next day at the latest.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
I've not had that experience because the rescues around here where I live are pretty good about calling you back. Maybe that one is really busy? Remember, these people are doing this along with their jobs that they do for a living. I would keep trying for a little while, and if you don't get anywhere, try another rescue.

lakotasong

Sled Dog Guardian
I'm confused, what are you trying to contact the rescue about?

Are you a volunteer? Did you turn an animal over? Are you waiting to adopt an animal? Some organizations rely solely on volunteers and sometimes it can take a while for them to get back to you.

darkchild16

We are Home.
its been all weekend and i am trying to turn the kitten i found over. Ours relyed soley on volunteers and someone never had to wait a weekend no matter what. i just think its odd.

Squidbert

Scum scum scum scum..SCUM
I wanted to get a dog from one of the rescues here.. repeatedly they were giving me the run around.. I was completly honest with them in everything I told them.. that I am renting etc.. and they wouldn't even let me know either way if it was possible for me to get this dog.. they just kept telling me they'd call me... I got sick of calling them back.

There was another one when I was living in NS.. I applied and they turned me down because I worked 8 hours a day. They didn't even contact me to see if I was able to come home on my lunch break to spend a little time with the dog (which I was able to do).
I know that shelters are trying to weed out the bad owners.. but I know I do whatever I possibly can for all my pets.. and to be treated that way made me feel like cr@p. For places that are desperate to find good homes for their pets they really don't try hard enough sometimes. I'm sure there are other good owners who have been brushed off too easily..

darkchild16

We are Home.
i would understand if i was trying to adopt but im trying to give them a kitty!! That needs a cat person that knows what they are doing taking care of it.

lakotasong

Sled Dog Guardian
Oh, is this the little orphaned kitten you found? Did you state the situation on the messages you left the rescue? How is the little kitty doing?

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
if your getting the runaround with the call id personally just show up with the kitten, once your there there unlikely to turn you away especially if you tell them that you havent a clue when it comes to raising young kittens.

If not try calling your vet and see if theyd be willing to take him or if the vet would be willing to call the shelter on your behalf saying a client found a tiny kitten thats in need of foster...they might respond quicker to someone important like a vet...

unfortunatly the shelters neer me are the same way, there supposedly a not for profit but they charge $200 for a kitten $400 if your want a puppy and thats before spay/neuter, its impossibel to get intouch with them if you have an animal in need/need to place and their adoption proecees is overly intense (you cant adopt if your under 25, you cant adopt if your in an apartment (even if landlord agrees) no yard, forget it, no fence, thats a nono too you have to even pass a CREDIT CHECK for one of the shelters o_O and one will only adopt to people who have someone over the age of 18 home most of the day (their requirement is pet shall not be left alone more than 4 hours *:yikes:* how they get people to adopt i dont know!

darkchild16

We are Home.
if i dont get a hold of the rescue before friday hes going to the vet! i have to take walker to get his shots so i will take him in then. i ave been on the phone with the vet about the kitty and hes helping me with her. Shes eating and loves the dogs and me sadly!! i dotn want to keep her lol. i cant keep her! mydaddy said no last night :(:( but if they cant call me back im not giving her to them and i did state the situation in teh email and the messege.

lakotasong

Sled Dog Guardian
Have you taken any kitty pictures while you're waiting? I know I wouldn't mind seeing the little furball. :) Paws crossed here hoping that the rescue calls you back soon. Kudos to you for helping this little kitty out.

darkchild16

We are Home.
she is and shes SOOOOOO tiny. when she curls up she fits in teh palm of ym hand. and shes has those pretty blue eyes!! i wish i could keep her :( anyone want a kitty??? lol

she is and shes SOOOOOO tiny. when she curls up she fits in teh palm of ym hand. and shes has those pretty blue eyes!! i wish i could keep her :( anyone want a kitty??? lol
she sounds soo cute...my parents will kill me if i get any more pets...lol

how has she been doing? what are you feeding her?

Elissa

poodle the first thing my dad said when i saw him after i got her was you are NOT keeping the kitty!!! lol and im feeding her seafood wet cat food.
HAHA... my parents have gotten that way too...ill be like, isnt that kitten/ puppy/cat/dog cute and they say.. yep but you cant have it!:lol-sign:

glad she is doing good!

Elissa

Squidbert

Scum scum scum scum..SCUM
They turned you down because you work 8 hours a day? If we did that we'd never get ANY of our pets adopted! :confused:
I know! That's what frustrated me so much! If I wasn't working it'd be an issue of not being able to provide financially and working I'd be gone too long.. either way no dog..

Members online

No members online now.