Cooper comes home.

My Rott Axel and my Lab Rose are only 4 months apart in age.
We had them I guess a couple years, then hubby started talking about how much we would like to have a boston terrier.
I only adopt dogs I don't buy them. So, I started looking at dogs online in shelters. I found a great looking boston in the next state.
I talked back and forth with a person at the shelter via e-mail.
We decided we wanted to go get him and bring him home.
We crate our dogs when we aren't home, because we have an inside cat.
So we put both our dogs in their crates and drove down to get the boston.
It was about a 2 hour drive.
He was jumping up and down in the kennel at the shelter and wanted out BAD. He was in the kennel with another dog. Almost all the dogs were sharing a kennel.
Hubby said go fill out the papers and he took the leash to get him out of the kennel.
So off I go to the office and he heads back to the kennel area (it is enclosed inside a building).
I fill out the papers and go out to the waiting room. There is hubby with Cooper on his lap and leash still in his hand..??
I was like why didn't you put the leash on him?
He said as soon as he opened the kennel door Cooper barreled out and ran all over the kennel area, like somebody escaping from jail. haha
He said finally 2 other guys helped him corner him or he would have never caught him. LOL
I put the leash on him and we take him out to the truck for the drive home. He slept almost the whole way back.
We get home and bring him inside. First thing he does is go up to each of our dogs crates and jumps up on the side of each one and growls and barks and carries on.
Our dogs are standing up and looking out at him like...uh, yeah sure..:rolleyes:
Hubby and I are thinking..oh great..what have we brought home..dog godzilla in a small package..?
We were off to the pet store and bought a crate for Cooper and went back home. This time when we came in with him, he was fine towards the other dogs and everybody has got along great since.
I don't know what that first fit of his was about...but it never happened again.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Congrats on the new member of your family. Pat on the back for adopting!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Congrats on Cooper! Sounds like he just needed to settle down a bit and realize he is finally home!

Congratulations! And good for you to adopt! He'll settle in. He's just getting his jollies out since you sprung him from jail!! :D

This is the story of how he came to live with us. We have had him for a couple years now. Yeah he blended right in after coming back home the second time. He often gets in the labs crate and sleeps with her. ;)
I just thought his first reaction to our dogs was odd, since either one of them could have bitten him in half had they wanted to.
What really made it funny was their reaction to it, they were like "whatever dude". :p

Members online