New and need name for male bullmastiff

my2girls

Rufus isn't bad. I actually have a long list but like I said none of them are really sticking or making me say "That's it!" I feel like I kind of need more of a human type name b/c our other dog is Savannah...... Who knows!!

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
my2girls said:
Sirius ~ What do you mean about introducing him slowly? To other dogs or people or both? We have a female dog that's about 4 y/o and a cat that is 6 months old, and then my mom is getting a puppy 2 weeks b/f we get ours. Hers is a yellow lab. We are also going to start him in obedience classes in Jan.

Thanks for you info! I still have no clue on names, we just can't seem to find one that really sticks. I think one problem is that my other animals are Savannah and Asia and I feel like I need to have a name that goes w/ those two. I know that I will always be calling the dogs together to go out/come in/eat etc.... so it's like I need something that kinda goes together kwim?

Jamie

Bulls are a very dominant and dog-aggresive breed. Introduce your other dog slowly.

showpug

Sirius said:
Bulls are a very dominant and dog-aggresive breed. Introduce your other dog slowly.
A young puppy bullmastiff will not act aggressively. A mature male bullmastiff is another story! When he's old enough, make sure you get him neutered. Watch him around your cat as some are known for a high prey drive and I would keep him away from other male dogs when he is mature. A male bullmastiff is a powerful, head strong animal, you must establish that you are the leader early on!

my2girls

Thanks guys for the info. We had a bullmastiff when I was still living at home. He was a great dog (actually the reason I want a bullmastiff myself), he did great w/ other dogs, however I have heard and read that they are dog aggressive so I will be careful. We are getting him neutered as soon as he's old enough.

Jamie

showpug

my2girls said:
Thanks guys for the info. We had a bullmastiff when I was still living at home. He was a great dog (actually the reason I want a bullmastiff myself), he did great w/ other dogs, however I have heard and read that they are dog aggressive so I will be careful. We are getting him neutered as soon as he's old enough.

Jamie
Good for you! Sounds like you know what you need to know! My really good friend shows and breeds bullmastiffs so I have had the priviledge of watching them grow and interact etc. She has a litter due in January and I can't wait to smoosh their faces!!!

my2girls

Showpug ~ That's cool, I really love the bullmastiff and the Pug breed. I had a fawn pug when I was younger. I named him Tucker. I sure loved that little guy. Your pug is really pretty! What kind of names does your friend name her Bullmastiffs and their pups? I feel like I need a somewhat human name b/c of my other dogs name, I don't know, I like things to kind of go together I guess.

Jamie

my2girls said:
Those are neat suggestions. How do your pronounce the first one? I was thinking Mana would be pronounced the way it looks w/ a short a?

Thank you for your suggestions!

Jamie
I'm not sure, but I think it's "Ick-ki-kuh" or "Ick-ki-uh-kuh".

Sirius

Imagination ROCKS.
my2girls;

I am so lucky that when I got Sam she was already socialized. She needs her space though. She is allowed on the 2nd and 3rd floor while Harley is only allowed on the 1st. Kitty Cat Territory is 4th floor! Meow!

Since your hubby likes the Colts and this is going to be a big, STRONG dog - why not name him Freeney, after Dwight Freeney? Peyton's a good quarterback, but he's not exactly known for being a strong guy, lol!

I kinda like Rufus too, and Roscoe . . . or Gabe.

my2girls

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have another question. The breeder sent me attachments using Jasc paint shop, I want to show you guys what he looks like at almost 4 wks old. I can click on share and then input and email address, but that's the only way I know how to do it, and I don't know how to get it onto here. He looks just like a little brown bear!!! His paws are HUGE!!!! I'm thinking about naming him Bear or maybe even Yogi!

Jamie

tweeswayer

Puppy Madness
too late??

How bout Grendel? you know from the story about Beowolf... if you ever read it from the monsters viewpoint it kinda fits. Of course, we always choose odd names for our pets... Quaker parrot named Grim (Reaper),a ball python named stymus, Brizbane is our male "Chowsky"... just to name a few...

my2girls

No, not too late! We still don't have a name for him. Thanks for the suggestions. I do want a "strong" name but I don't really want anything that was scary or demonic. I have never seen/read Beowolf, so I don't know about that character. Who knows if this poor puppy is ever gonna have a name.

Jamie

meganw94

I think that Freddy is a very good name becausr 1. Its strong 2. My dogs name is Freddy he got hit yesterday

how about Torque it is very strong
I sold a male puppy that I was hoping to be a show puppy
his name was Maximum Torque
although it broke my heart to let him go, I made another very happy

my2girls

Thanks guys for all of your responses! I greatly appreciate you suggestions and creativity. My crazy brothers have now decided to help us w/ naming him (since they act like he's going to be theirs :) , anyway, I'm sure that will influence my decision since I know they will make fun of his name if they think it's too weird or they will tell me they don't like it. Not in a mean way, we are just all pretty honest and outspoken.

Thanks again.,

Jamie

Members online

No members online now.