My dog had mucus around her stool today

Nannuck

Today my dog deficated and when I went to pick it up (at the park) I noticed a film around one of the 3 stools. It looked like Jelly Mucus. What was this? She has been acting fine however something that has been going on for the last month or so (and not every night). She'll wake up from a dead sleep and smack her mouth a few times swallowing, then bolt off the bed and go throw up foaming bile. Usually twice in 1 sitting. Then it doesn't happen again for weeks or days at that. Can this all be related?

She is on Evo Hard and Innova Dry (we mix at our house). I am getting her off all the treats such as Bill Jack's, Rawhides made by Vo-Toys, Busy Bones, etc but she still gets these occasionally.

I read where a cooked hot dog is better for her than the treats and bones above and obviously other natural bones etc. I've heard where these bones above and other's have a non digestable coating on them and that might of caused Colitis or Intestinal Irritation. Can someone make sense to all this for me before I run off to the vet for nothing. I want to make sure she is ok though, she is staring in a movie this week and I'm very worried. We have 2 days of filming on set that we have to get through this week. I don't want something to come up that might be a health issue.

Thank you
Natalie

Members online

No members online now.