Foot Stall Hilarity

So I was going to put this in the training thread but honestly, there is nothing constructive about it.

My sister and I were working on Traveler's foot stall. But it kinda turned into a train-wreck when Traveler decided we couldn't possibly mean jump onto my feet and STAY there. It meant use my feet as a launching pad for which to jump into my sisters arms...or onto her head.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nt2Xz5Vrurw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, I might turn down your volume.

SaraB

Oh Traveler. And this is why I stopped helping you and him with disc. I think you need to consult a professional. :rofl1:

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I turned down my volume and yet Didgie just make all my dogs bolt upright and go into an alarm chorus lol

FG167

LOL he is awesome! I think this trick is sooo cool and I want to teach it (and the jump into your arms) to Limit!

Holy cow! Didgie is high pitched! lol

So we managed to do a couple without him launching off of me. Instead he fell on my face, jammed my neck somehow, landed on my stomach and I'm hurting. I have a death wish teaching this.

The good news is he has great balance. I'm just not strong enough yet.

Oh Traveler. And this is why I stopped helping you and him with disc. I think you need to consult a professional. :rofl1:
As long as they aren't standing near us when he tries the foot stall. I'll end up sending them to the hospital

I turned down my volume and yet Didgie just make all my dogs bolt upright and go into an alarm chorus lol
Yeah, she's rather vocal about.....everything.

LOL he is awesome! I think this trick is sooo cool and I want to teach it (and the jump into your arms) to Limit!

Holy cow! Didgie is high pitched! lol
Good luck with that! Traveler is killing me and Limit's already bigger! You're going to die.

Jump in the arms though is super fun. Didgie is learning that right now/

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Didgie...sweet bejebus. Does that seriously not bother you at all? Oh my gosh. LOL

FG167

Good luck with that! Traveler is killing me and Limit's already bigger! You're going to die.

Jump in the arms though is super fun. Didgie is learning that right now/
This made me LOL thanks for the vote of confidence! :p hahahaha true though I am sure. Is Limit really bigger?!?! *sigh*

I was going to teach Kastle but while I think I could maybe handle his weight now, I doubt I could when he's full grown - plus his actual size is difficult for me to grasp. Limit has a really heavy frame but is small enough for me to grab...I think hehe I will probably post disastrous videos later!

Didgie...sweet bejebus. Does that seriously not bother you at all? Oh my gosh. LOL
It really really doesn't for the most part. Honestly, it's become part of the background. She's always screaming about something. More times than not it makes me laugh :p

At the same time if anyone of them alert barks I'm raging at them to be quiet.

This made me LOL thanks for the vote of confidence! :p hahahaha true though I am sure. Is Limit really bigger?!?! *sigh*

I was going to teach Kastle but while I think I could maybe handle his weight now, I doubt I could when he's full grown - plus his actual size is difficult for me to grasp. Limit has a really heavy frame but is small enough for me to grab...I think hehe I will probably post disastrous videos later!
Traveler is 39lb and 21in! Not much smaller but still! He looks very large up there when I'm on my back. My main problem so far is A: holding my feet still, even and flat and B: I have small feet!

Yeaaaaah, I would go Limit rather than Kastle. I think you might be in for some while very entertaining trouble, trouble none the less doing that. But when you try video is needed. ETA: I thought you were talking about the footstall with Kas, nevermind! Jumping in the arms for Limit will be a blast. I use it all the time.

Also, it's easier when you start to have two people and have the person on the ground lay on their stomach. Makes it a bit more stable so the dog can get used to the idea of being on feet.

JacksonsMom

DIDGIE! OMG! lol ... I about kill Jackson when he alert barks in his high pitched voice, and his bark is super annoying but I'm pretty sure my head would be killing me after that lol.

Trav is sooo freakin' hilarious. I've been wanting to do this with Jackson, thank goodness he's 16lbs.

FG167

Traveler is 39lb and 21in! Not much smaller but still! He looks very large up there when I'm on my back. My main problem so far is A: holding my feet still, even and flat and B: I have small feet!

Yeaaaaah, I would go Limit rather than Kastle. I think you might be in for some while very entertaining trouble, trouble none the less doing that. But when you try video is needed. ETA: I thought you were talking about the footstall with Kas, nevermind! Jumping in the arms for Limit will be a blast. I use it all the time.

Also, it's easier when you start to have two people and have the person on the ground lay on their stomach. Makes it a bit more stable so the dog can get used to the idea of being on feet.
I always forget Traveler is so small! He has such presence and such gorgeous form, he appears larger! I also have small feet (6.5) so I bet it will be hard. I should probably start asap before he gets too big LOL

Ooohhh footstall with Kastle...intrigued! I need to try these tricks! If only for the entertainment factor for everyone else watching ;)

Members online

No members online now.