Bosco

Zairne

I just found this site today and thought I would post a goodbye to a special friend we lost yesterday. We currently have 3 lab mixed dogs that are 5,6, and 7 years old. Someone we knew was moving to a new home and could not take Bosco (bulldog/boxer mix) with them. They was going to take him to the pound until we decided to take him home and make him a part of our family. He was 8 years old and was a pure outside dog. We just built a new home and had a room built in the basement with a door to the outside which we have all fenced in. We brought him home and was in the process of crate training him. He was doing great and loved all of the attention we gave him. He did not have any of his shots and we did not want to start bringing him around our dogs until he recieved his shots and the vet gave us an ok. We would get up in the morning and take him outside and put him a a dog lead while we got ready for work. We had to move his stuff to our back deck for a few days and we knew that this was not a great place to put him. We made sure his lead was not long enough for him to get around the stairs or the drop off. On 11-5-05 we took him outside like we usually do and got ready for work. When we was finished we went to get him and found him hanging off of the deck. Our hearts have shattered into a million pieces as we tried to do everything we could to save him but it was to late. We treat all of our dogs as children since we do not have any. We consider our pups as children and try to make sure they are loved and try to keep them safe. We feel like horrible parents as we did not do enough to keep him safe. We only had him for 4 weeks before this happened, but we fell in love with him the day we brought him home. We have watched family members die and the lose of pets to old age, but we have never had to deal with a terrible tragedy as this. While we had him we gave him a little extra attention since he was porbably never shown the love that a pet should get, but we do not know how to move on from this. When he was here you could see how happy he was and how much he loved the attention we gave him. Would just like to end this and say Thanks Bosco for the wonderful time we spent together and hope you will forgive us.

Barb04

Super Moderator
So sorry to hear about Bosco. Maybe your story will help save another dog. I know you did the best you could for him and what happened to him was an oversight that could happen to anyone.

S

ShepherdGirl123

poor dog thats like my uncles old irish setter purebred jumped over a fence with his lead on and choked himself

S

ShepherdGirl123

sorry heres a poem

ROOM IN YOUR HEART

Sorrow fills a barren space;
you close your eyes and see my face
and think of times I made you laugh,
the love we shared, the bond we had,
the special way I needed you -
the friendship shared by just we two.

The day's too quiet, the world seems older,
the wind blows now a little colder.
You gaze into the empty air
and look for me, but I'm not there -
I'm in heaven and I watch you,
and I see the world around you too.

I see little souls wearing fur,
souls who bark and souls who purr
born unwanted and unloved -
I see all this and more above -
I watch them suffer, I see them cry,
I see them lost, I watch them die.
I see unwanted thousands born -
and when they die, nobody mourns.

These little souls wearing fur
(Some who bark and some who purr)
are castaways who - unlike me -
will never know love or security.
A few short months they starve and roam,
Or caged in shelters - nobody takes home.
They're special too (furballs of pleasure),
filled with love and each one, a treasure.

My pain and suffering came to an end,
so don't cry for me, my person, my friend.
But think of the living -
those souls with fur
(some who bark and some who purr) -
And though our bond can't be broken apart,
make room for another in your home and
your heart.

S

ShepherdGirl123

and another

THE DOGS WHO HAVE SHARED OUR LIVES

The dogs who've shared our lives.
In subtle ways they let us know
their spirit still survives.
Old habits still make us think
we hear a barking at the door.
Or step back when we drop
a tasty morsel on the floor.
Our feet still go around the place
the food dish used to be,
And, sometime, coming home at night,
we miss them terribly.
And although time may bring new friends
and a new food dish to fill,
That one place in our hearts
belongs to them...
and always will.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Oh I am so sorry to hear about Bosco. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Zairne

Thank you for all your kind responses. It means a great deal to me. The date this happened was 12-5-05 and not 11-5-05. I also have a picture of Bosco attached. Thanks again for all of your kind words.

Raven10355

In Loving Memory of our dog Bosco

My husband posted a message about our loving boy, Bosco. He was truly a delight in our lives and even though we had him for such a short time, he brought so much love and joy to our home. The day we picked him up, you could see so much sadness in his eyes. After we took him home he was like a puppy again and the years of sadness and pain just lifted from him. He was running and playing and smothering us in his sweet doggie kisses. He would stamp his little feet and wag his little stump of tail so excited like he didn't know what to do with himself. We showered him with so much love to make up for the misery he had endured those many years.

All it took was a few unattended minutes to take him away from us. We did everything we could to keep him safe, and I still cannot figure out how such a horrible thing happened. He was such a sweet, precious boy who deserved to live the rest of his life being spoiled with all the love we could give him.

I will never forget the horror of finding him hanging there, nor forgive myself for it. Even in my best attempts to revive him, it was too late. I wish I could take back that day. I'd give anything to have him back with us. I will forever miss him and the joy he gave to us. I will never forget you my sweet Bosco.

Love,
Your Mom

Members online

No members online now.