Teeth question #2

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It looks like to me that one of Mia's teeth has grown in sideways. It's weird and I tried to get a picture of it but miss princess wouldn't have it today. It's the one right before the upper canine. It just out to the side sort of and the flat part that I think should be the back of the tooth is on the outside side.

She just grew it in a week or so ago and has yet to grow it's mate on the other side of her mouth so she only has 5 front teeth right now. Anyone have any advice/experience?

Romy

Taxiderpy
sounds like something I'd ask her breeder about. She might know if it's normal, or will straighten out, or if it's something that just happens in her lines sometimes

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yeah I thought about that too. I think I worded this wrong... it's not sideways so much as backwards. Like the tooth has been twisted around. Her bite seems normal though and it's actually in line, just facing the wrong way? If her tooth is crooked it's not a big deal because she's not going to be showing or anything.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Very interesting! Is this on the same side where she retained that tooth a while back..? Maybe that had something to do with it?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Very interesting! Is this on the same side where she retained that tooth a while back..? Maybe that had something to do with it?
It's actually on the opposite side. :eek:

I had a tooth grow in backwards too when I was a kid, lol. Maybe she's just emulating mom? Only I had braces to fix it. ;)

Sher

Designed for Love
I know this is off topic, but Lauralin, how in the world do you get such great pix of your dogs?.... this latest one of the flying ears is just fantastic!! should be on a magazine!

Members online

No members online now.