Chazhound Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
If you have as much confidence as you say in the new regime, you will allow all who wish to express their feelings, even if they are not so rah-rah about the change.

Up to now, everyone on this board has always had the chance to express how they feel about anything (as long as what they were saying wasn't outright indecent or abusive). I hope that isn't going to change.

If we are a little sad, or apprehensive, we should be able to voice how we feel.

What do you mean, "up to now"? I don't see anyone editing your posts or stopping you from voicing your thoughts on the subject.

All we're suggesting is for everyone to give things a chance before deciding whether it's good or bad.

No one's saying not to voice how you feel. We all - and that includes The New Guy - WANT to know. We'd just like for you to give it a chance and don't go jumping off bridges just yet ;)

You've known me long enough to know by now that I will fight tooth and nail for you guys and to keep this place open and honest, even when it might not look like that's what I'm doing at first.

Anarchy rules ;)

I'm sure Chazhound will continue with the same spirit of free expression. The difference will be it will be a stronger website with better resources and more updated functionality.
I will still be here and active.

Please welcome Heath with open arms. I have got to know him well over a period of time and know he is a true dog lover.

Chazhound

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Give it a chance before you start abandoning ship.
I'll give it a chance... but be warned, if it turns into this forum - in terms of appearance, bells and whistles, etc. - I'll be abandoning ship faster than... well, pretty fast. Those fancy schmancy doodads slow down the forum, make reading the forum very difficult, and actally shut down my entire network for some reason. So even if I did want to participate in that forum, I couldn't.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
If you have as much confidence as you say in the new regime, you will allow all who wish to express their feelings, even if they are not so rah-rah about the change.

Up to now, everyone on this board has always had the chance to express how they feel about anything (as long as what they were saying wasn't outright indecent or abusive). I hope that isn't going to change.

If we are a little sad, or apprehensive, we should be able to voice how we feel.
And what part of my post said "Sit back, shut up and take it?" I must have missed that. There hasn't been a single thing changed yet and everyone's already running around going "the sky is falling!"

I'm a little apprehensive about what might change as well, this is my home on the net after all and many of you all are my extended family. I've got just as much invested as many of you and even more invested than most of you. But I also have faith in Chazhound to have picked a new owner that has our best interests in mind and won't go making sweeping changes just for the sheer hell of it. Like I said before, MeatyTreats has been asking for opinions and input already. Those of you who know me at all know I'm not one to embrace change for change's sake. So if I'm expressing confidence, that should be taken as a sign that the world is not ending.

I do appreciate the fact that so many of you are worried. That means that we have some amazing and special built here and no one wants to see that changed!

Think of this as trading in your beloved old car, one that has served faithfully but just doesn't quite hack it for what you need these days, for a newer version of the same model. Now you have a little more space, a shiny paint job, better gas mileage and air conditioning. Still the same thing you love, just better. :)

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I said it on the other thread, I'll say it here, I fail to see how a change of ownership means the end of Chaz. Chazhound, the man, is still here and Chazhound Dog Forums will still be Chazhound Dog Forums. The people are what make this place so it's up to Chazhound's people to continue on with making sure that Chazhound is what it has always been. We need to get to know MeatyTreats and him us, so lets give him a chance. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online