What just happened to my pup?!

brandynq

My 4 1/2 month pup just woke up and started making weird gargling noises. It sounded kind of like when you burp with your mouth closed but it happened over and over for around 15 seconds. Then he vomited some white mucusy stuff. Does anyone know what's going on?!

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
has your pup been eating, does he have a fever, is your pup up to date on all of his shots has it been lethargic?

brandynq

he's been eating, he was really playful and excited this morning but he's been sleeping since around noon or 1. i don't know if he has a fever (how do i check?). he still needs a parvo/distember vaccine according to the lady i adopted him from. do you think he has parvo?

wildwings811

a.k.a: agilitydobemom
It is very possible he has parvo ecspecially if he has been out and about around other dogs or if he came from a rescue/ shelter situation and if he has not been vaccinated for it and the white moucsy throwup is a sign of it but it may not be I would keep a close eye on him and if he seems really sleepy and quits eating I would make an appointment with your vet ASAP to check the temperature of a dog you do it rectally

Fran27

My dogs do that all the time, usually it's from eating grass. I wouldn't worry too much about it, just keep an eye on him.

brandynq

I talked to a vet and she said that if it was parvo he would be acting like a totally different dog now and he wouldn't be eating. But he's been pretty normal so hopefully it was just a one time thing.

Members online

No members online now.