Shows That Make You Geek Out

I'm SO glad someone else has seen it lol. I can't get any one else interested either. Once I mention that it takes place at a funeral home, people are all "OH, I don't think I could watch that"... but it's just so REAL. One of the most real shows I think I've ever seen. Just raw human emotion. I'm in season 4 now, cannot believe I haven't watched it before. Some of the best acting I've ever seen and best portrayal of true loss by Peter Krause end of season 3/beginning of season 4.
Just reading your post about it gave me goosebumps, haha.

I did get a good friend and a co-worker in university to watch it a few years back, and they both loved it. I really wish more people would give it a chance.

We once asked if someone knew which show this might be?: It was about FBI's special unit. They searched missing people at least in some of the episodes. My friend doesn't remember if it was only about missing people or also about something else. It was quite new so it was not Without A Trace. So it was newer than it. In that show they used similar profiling techniques than in Criminal Minds. So, do you know what might that be or how could my friend find that out? She has tried to search online. She has also checked couple websites including wikipedia that lists shows that relate somehow to FBI.

My friend is still interested in knowing which show that might have been.

Landshark

Love bites.
I geek out over Trailer Park Boys. It's the perfect mindless show that keeps me laughing even when I've had a less than fantastic day. That's where I got my pup's name from and it fits her attitude perfectly.

I also can't get enough of American Horror Story. I just wish they'd bring Dylan McDermott back (serious man crush)! Other than those two shows I'm not much of a tv person, I just don't have the attention span.

JacksonsMom

I geek out over Trailer Park Boys. It's the perfect mindless show that keeps me laughing even when I've had a less than fantastic day. That's where I got my pup's name from and it fits her attitude perfectly.

I also can't get enough of American Horror Story. I just wish they'd bring Dylan McDermott back (serious man crush)! Other than those two shows I'm not much of a tv person, I just don't have the attention span.
My step-dad used to crack up while watching Trailer Park Boys.

And Dylan McDermott *drools* I want him back too...

BostonBanker

I can't seem to get into Arrow this season. I was all excited for Agents of Shield, and blah. I watched about 11 episodes and am not loving it as much as I wanted to.

I have no idea what to do with myself when I don't have something I can stick on for 2 hours before bed.

Fran27

Agents of Shield is really good this season!

But I hear you, I like watching two shows in the evening... although I'm not too sure what we're going to do in the next few weeks. I guess I have books to read and a video game to play though... But I got to find a series to binge watch, there's just nothing I can think of right now that I haven't seen yet.

JacksonsMom

I'm kind of amazed at how fast y'all watch things. I am STILL not done with Buffy. lol
I literally just end up not getting enough sleep when I'm TRULY hooked on a show. It's bad. The other night while finishing Six Feet Under (had.. 62 eps, I think, total?) I was like 3 eps before the finale and I just had to keep watching, so I was up until like 330am (sobbing, btw) and then felt like a zombie the whole next day lol.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Geek^2 moment, I loved the "Bart Allen" Easter egg in the Arrow/Flash crossover tonight. I had to explain why that one made me laugh with delight.

I bought the first two seasons of Arrow on DVD for Black Friday and I'm going to be watching through those on my brand new big flat screen TV shortly... as soon as I... have time. yep.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
I'm watching Merlin again. Clearly, I hate myself- like I didn't cry enough the first couple times.

I love this show. It needs to come back.

thehoundgirl

We once asked if someone knew which show this might be?: It was about FBI's special unit. They searched missing people at least in some of the episodes. My friend doesn't remember if it was only about missing people or also about something else. It was quite new so it was not Without A Trace. So it was newer than it. In that show they used similar profiling techniques than in Criminal Minds. So, do you know what might that be or how could my friend find that out? She has tried to search online. She has also checked couple websites including wikipedia that lists shows that relate somehow to FBI.

My friend is still interested in knowing which show that might have been.
Are any of these it? http://www.imdb.com/search/title?genres=crime&sort=moviemeter,asc&title_type=tv_series

My friend couldn't find that show in that list. She looked shows only within few years there because the one she is looking for was quite new. While she was looking them there it started to look like my friend would had seen that list also earlier.

So this is what we told about it:
It was about FBI's special unit. They searched missing people at least in some of the episodes. My friend doesn't remember if it was only about missing people or also about something else. It was quite new so it was not Without A Trace. So it was newer than it. In that show they used similar profiling techniques than in Criminal Minds. So, do you know what might that be or how could my friend find that out? She has tried to search online. She has also checked couple websites including wikipedia that lists shows that relate somehow to FBI.

So, my friend is looking for a tv show that is particularly about FBI's special unit.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
My friend couldn't find that show in that list. She looked shows only within few years there because the one she is looking for was quite new. While she was looking them there it started to look like my friend would had seen that list also earlier.

It was about FBI's special unit. They searched missing people at least in some of the episodes. My friend doesn't remember if it was only about missing people or also about something else. It was quite new so it was not Without A Trace. So it was newer than it. In that show they used similar profiling techniques than in Criminal Minds. So, do you know what might that be or how could my friend find that out? She has tried to search online. She has also checked couple websites including wikipedia that lists shows that relate somehow to FBI.

So, my friend is looking for a tv show that is particularly about FBI's special unit.
This is a long-shot, but Criminal Minds:Suspect Behavior?

I hope you can find what you are looking for!

Equinox

Tory (Oko) recommended Darknet to me on Netflix. It's a horror show that's just 6 different 20 minute episodes, and I LOVED IT. Really good, highly recommended.

I'm still keeping up on Arrow and The Flash and the last two crossover episodes have been pretty good! I'm a bit more meh about it than I was last season though.

Caught up on The 100 now and it does have a bit of a "Lost" vibe to it, and I'm still enjoying it! Like Linds pointed out, it's nice to have a protagonist that's getting sh** done.

Might start Agents of Shield now that it's on Netflix.

thehoundgirl

Hmm.. maybe The Blacklist? It only came out last year though.

JacksonsMom

Dexter is my newest show! I'm loving it BUT I've heard lots of terrible things about the last season and the finale, so blegh, that's not cool, but I'm really liking it a lot so far. I mainly started watching it because of Michael C Hall from Six Feet Under (my last obsession lol) and originally, I couldn't see him as Dexter but only as David Fisher but now he's totally Dexter to me haha.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Dexter is my newest show! I'm loving it BUT I've heard lots of terrible things about the last season and the finale, so blegh, that's not cool, but I'm really liking it a lot so far. I mainly started watching it because of Michael C Hall from Six Feet Under (my last obsession lol) and originally, I couldn't see him as Dexter but only as David Fisher but now he's totally Dexter to me haha.
I did that in reverse :p Found that awesome show 6 feet under AFTER my slight obsession with Michael C. Hall started through Dexter lol.

I loved Dexter's first few seasons. Enjoy!!

Members online

No members online now.